Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasonic PSU: Where to buy in Ireland?

Options
  • 24-10-2009 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

So, I am in the market for a Seasonic brand PSU, specifically the Seasonic X-650 (or Seasonic X-750).

However, I cannot find anywhere in the UK or Ireland that sells them at a reasonable price. Does anyone happen to know off hand? :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

X Series? If you mean the shiny new 95% efficient monster PSUs, no-one sells them for under about three times what a sane man would pay for that wattage PSU :eek:

I find their innards hilarious - they're so fecking barren. All these fancy high-end PSUs that weigh half a ton due to rampant heatsinkage, and the X-series have less heatsinks in there than a dying Raidmax :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Solitaire wrote: »
    X Series? If you mean the shiny new 95% efficient monster PSUs, no-one sells them for under about three times what a sane man would pay for that wattage PSU :eek:

I find their innards hilarious - they're so fecking barren. All these fancy high-end PSUs that weigh half a ton due to rampant heatsinkage, and the X-series have less heatsinks in there than a dying Raidmax :D
    Thats why I Want one! :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I was reading that review yesterday after looking at this thread, very nice.

I don't even want to know the price op :p

Its bad but there are far worse out there. Availability in Europe is the biggest issue, and its the factor most liable to drive the price way up in a region known for crazy PSU prices :( In the US and Canada you can find Antec EA650s for ~€50 and shiny new TX950s for a shade over €100! :eek:

Its bad but there are far worse out there. Availability in Europe is the biggest issue, and its the factor most liable to drive the price way up in a region known for crazy PSU prices :( In the US and Canada you can find Antec EA650s for ~€50 and shiny new TX950s for a shade over €100! :eek:

€100 for a Corsair 950w...

Hot Piss! Shame it would:
    a) Not work here
    b) Cost another €100 to ship :mad:

So is there anywhere in the UK/Ireland that even has these in yet? Or is it just a case of "sorry, none in". I'll buy a Corsair PSU if that's the case, but I'd rather like to get the Seasonic one. :P

• Advertisement

The problem is that Seasonics are becoming very hard to get in the EU. The last major vendor I can think of was Elara, and since the big re-factor of their site I haven't seen a single Seasonic product on there; hell, even the brand name has been removed from the Search catalog :( The only units I know of are just some old stock on Pix and OCUK...

Ironically I actually saw the even newer TX950 on eBuyer for ~€125 and Dabs for "only" €134 :D

Ha, Nice. Looks like the Corsair HX650 for me then. Shame, because Jonny was going ape poo bananas over how awesome the X-650 was :(

Advertisement