Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find the offical complaints procedure

• 24-10-2009 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, have scoured the web site and LIT booklets and cannot find the offical (or any) complaints procedure for the college. Any pointers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 1959

bmphdth wrote: »
    Hi, have scoured the web site and LIT booklets and cannot find the offical (or any) complaints procedure for the college. Any pointers?

may i ask what the *complaint in is relation too? is it something you could discuss with your class rep, or course leader?

*if not, inside the front door on the left, is an office, that should point you in the right way, or admissions down the first hall on the the left as you come in.

and if all else fails, student services/students union is up one the hill. thats where id go if i were you, the president is a sound guy, helped me with accommodation.

let me know how you get on anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

I agree with the last post - you need to go through your Class Rep who should be meeting with staff regularly. Next port of call should be the Students Union - that's what they're they for.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 1959

Monday the 2nd of November, they should be there to talk to you anyway, and as I said, let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bmphdth

Talked to students union who couldn,t tell me anything about the actual procedure, sent me to freedom of information, (who were closed). Tried admissions who didn't know anything either but tried to find out, but didn't, then sent me to registra who was very friendly and helpful and got me the relevent documents (called student problem solving procedure) which is out of date, but its a start.
    For what should such an important document its quite mind boggling that no one knew what it was called and where to find it, I would have no dought that this sort of disorganisation and delay will plague me as I progress with my complaint!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭merlin39

I would set up a meeting with your head of dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 bmphdth

Had correspondence with him already and that proved to be worthless, totally failed to take my complaint seriously and can't say any more than that as it's all subject to further action!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭merlin39

well, if the head of dept wont help then continue up the line till you get the top dog

Advertisement