Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Kit

• 24-10-2009 2:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering here.

Today i bought a limited edition Xbox 360 Elite. With a free copy of Forza 3, 2 wireless pads, black headset, all the cables etc. AND, a 250 GB HDD

now about that.

I'm still using my 120GB HDD, havent touched the 250 GB.

The reason: I cant seem to get my Transfer Kit to work with them
    I cant transfer all my data from the 120GB to the 250GB. Just wont happen.

I dno why though?

I thought it would allow me to transfer data to another HDD as long as it was transfered to a larger HDD.

Am I doing something wrong?

I seem to be doing the same thing i did when i transfered from the 20gb to the 120gb last year, but its not working this time.

Basically what I'm asking is: Is there anyway to get my data to the 250gb HDD?

Even though ive still 60GB left on the 120gb HDD. I wanna give this HDD to my brother who is in dying need of a larger hard drive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It might be to do with the software version on the transfer disc. Earlier versions only allowed 20GB -> 120GB, but later versions changed this. Give Microsoft a ring, tell them your problems (and how much you've spent on their hardware), and request a new disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Apparently there's an os issue that means a new cable is required for the super elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Absolam wrote: »
    Apparently there's an os issue that means a new cable is required for the super elite.

not a cable but as RoberFoster suggested new software.

OP: you can try to use Xplorer360 (just google it) and move the data using your pc. If you really stuck pm me (if you're in Dublin) and I can try to do it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm gonna reopen this one for discussion because I'm still hunting for one.

Surely there must be a new firmware out now is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

gamercfc wrote: »
    I'm gonna reopen this one for discussion because I'm still hunting for one.

Surely there must be a new firmware out now is there?

It is not a firmware issue, it is a software issue with the transfer disc. The only way this will work is to get an updated disc, so call Microsoft :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea an I doubt if you downloaded an burnt it wouldn't make a difference, I think you should do the xport backup an then restore ot to the 250gb, it's not that hard either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Are you selling the 120GB drive by any chance? /shameless

Lenny wrote: »
    Yea an I doubt if you downloaded an burnt it wouldn't make a difference, I think you should do the xport backup an then restore ot to the 250gb, it's not that hard either

xport isn't supported officially :)

Also, I reckon the xbox won't read a burned Transfer CD unless it's been modified to read copied CDs. I remember I had fierce trouble locating a PAL Transfer Disc ISO when I lost my first one - even telling Microsoft I had a legitimate cable was met with a brick wall :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Question?Would this transfer kit work for moving data from one xbox hard drive to another?20gig -> 120gig?Btw op this may work for you if your trying to do it involving a pc

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Datel-Data-Transfer-Kit-White/dp/B000G02KGG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265576704&sr=8-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Are you selling the 120GB drive by any chance? /shameless

no i'm giving it to my brother

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

xport isn't supported officially :)

Also, I reckon the xbox won't read a burned Transfer CD unless it's been modified to read copied CDs. I remember I had fierce trouble locating a PAL Transfer Disc ISO when I lost my first one - even telling Microsoft I had a legitimate cable was met with a brick wall :rolleyes:

The software cd may work, I've copied films to a data DVD an they played in my console no probs..

If the transfer CD was pressed like an xbox game is pressed (two partitions, one video, one the actual XEX application) then you will need to mod your console to play it.

Yea I ws thinking That alright. I'd upload my one if ya want,I bought one off eBay a few weeks ago so should be ok?

Besides, I'll assume you were asking the OP did they want your transfer CD ISO ;)

I dunno if your one would do 250GB drives, I know mine is older and won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Besides, I'll assume you were asking the OP did they want your transfer CD ISO ;)

I dunno if your one would do 250GB drives, I know mine is older and won't

I transfered from a 20 to a 250 with yours

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I transfered from a 20 to a 250 with yours

Wonder why it wouldn't work for me then :confused:

Cheers Chet, I know for in future ;)

Advertisement