Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

750g swiss style muesli 36c @ tesco rathmines

• 24-10-2009 4:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

not sure if its reduced to that price everywhere else, it used to be around 1.40, then .75, not its 36c! its got sugar so its sweet, but healthy at the same time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

hey hate to spoil the party but they wont be doing the product any more after November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

dunser wrote: »
    hey hate to spoil the party but they wont be doing the product any more after November.

I guess I'll have to stock up!
    I havent bought any past in 5months, Ill have to do the same with the muesli.

they have it in a red box, i think its exactly the same but twice the price

they also seem to have got rid of the tesco value mozzerella which was very cheap. didnt notice the cottage cheese either but wasnt really looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Btw not healthy at all, huge amounts of salt and fat compared to Alpen. Would do more harm than good.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Btw not healthy at all, huge amounts of salt and fat compared to Alpen. Would do more harm than good.

yes nuts do have fat
    salt is fine, its an electrolyte required by the body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

yes nuts do have fat
    salt is fine, its an electrolyte required by the body

Here's me thinking huge amounts of salt were bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭georgem25

This is also available in Coonagh Limerick. Loads of different varities reduced in the normal cereal aisle :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah, no, not really all that healthy.

Here's me thinking huge amounts of salt were bad.

what would huge amounts of salt be?

100g contains 0.2g of sodium
    5.1g of fat (0.8g saturated)

(they add a little salt to the oat flakes, just like your grandad did with his porridge back in the day)

special k has salt added, so do bran flakes if I recall corectly

lucozade sport prob has more salt in 500ml as tesco muesli has in 100g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

MojoMaker wrote: »

I thought it was supposed to be pretty healthy - much lower in sugar then Alpen - am I mistaken? Also, saturated fat is not high.

How much salt is in Alpen, by comparison?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

Bought 4 boxes of the Low Sugar Muslei today, 74c a box, am currently watching Dispatches "truth about Breakfast Cereals" programme and like many of the above posters may not be the healthiest option afterall.

Any Offers on Porridge at the Moment ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm watching the same program, if I want a healthy breakfast then I only ever eat porridge. Don't know of any offers though. It's generally pretty cheap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

True, MagicMarker Porridge is always cheap.

Programme is bit boring really, hasn't told me anything I don't already know. Now if only I could resisit them chocolate offers that other Bargain Alerters post up !

Advertisement