Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza 3 review and comments?

• 24-10-2009 6:10am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got Forza 3 because I played the hell out of 2. I own just about every racing car game out there and have finished half of them. Forza 2 was excellent.

Forza 3 is also excellent.... thats part of the problem I see with it. I cant shake the feeling its just FM2 with a paintjob. There are a bunch of new cars (ok, I never really DID care that they had old crappy versions of old crappy cars, I'm sure someone does, but it aint me). And a bunch of new tracks... which is good but I hadnt really worn out the old ones.
    The paint system is point for point IDENTICAL to the old one, I mean, there isnt a single difference about it. I was sold on their promise of "massive support for painters"... which was either a lie or its going to be DLC (which is ghey).

The driving itself is excellent, like Forza2 is in fact. I dont see a great difference apart from being able to flip cars (which is fun :) ). I havent played it long enough to really give a solid review of it yet but like, its a driving game, how far can they go with it? It was excellent before... its still excellent!

The graphics are better, no doubt. Not a huge issue for me, tbh. The interface is worse... its less immediately understandable whereas FM2 had a clear tree structure of races and requirements, this one is less clear imho. The searching and garage changes are welcome additions as will be the "auto upgrade" for when you have oodles of money and just want to quickly pimp out a car.

So, my verdict is: if you liked FM2 you'll like this, its pretty much the same game. Oh, the interface is slightly worse and the graphics are better.
    If you have FM2 and you are stuck for cash and torn between this game and another... I dont know that I would be rushing to buy this, simply because its not a huge step forwards.

Great great driving game, but I'm still hacked off that there is not a single change to the painting system, not even a new set of decals. Nothing.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

But does any franchise take a big step forward each year? FIFA, Madden, COD, PES, NHL, NBA et al seem to take aminor step forward each year??? Sure, Forza isnt a yearly franchise like the aforementioned but its still another franchise.

I was never a big fan of racing games but decided to get this earlier thanks to Tescos decent price and after a few hours career play I found myself surprisingly enjoying it. God help me when I go online though. Lol.

I will admit I have no idea about custom paint jobs but thankfully a few lads on the friend list are quite the pros with it so look forward to them doing up a few jobs for me.

After a few hours play Im liking it but full judgement will be reserved for a few weeks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I'm playing it now and have to say, there are some nice improvements compared to FM2. Physics has definitely been improved slightly which I'm hugely grateful for. Car selection is great as I don't have Xbox Live so its nice to get to try the FXX and F50 GT so I was never able to get the car packs for FM2.

I have to say really, I'm loving it and easily the best driving game in my collection and I have a fair few of the best racing simulators out there.

I have to say though, the menu feels similar to GT5P and considering the inclusion of the cockpit view, I feel they really want to take on GT which is brave considering the huge fanbase of it. For me, Forza 3 is the daddy for now, depends on how mind blowing GT5 could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I would have liked some matte paint in this one, also thing drag racing could have been so much better than what it is, and proper white wheels but meh, i don't like how they took away a lot of parts from the last game from this. But all in all i still like 3 and will surely get lots of time from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I don't like the feature that enables you to rewind a race. I feel it really takes away from the reality of the game.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont mind that, prefer that to having to redo a 9 lap race simply because of a dodgy corner towards the end. Or on the endurance races.... euw, they drove me away from the game. I dont like using the rewind though but I'm glad they introduced it. It should have maybe been one per race though...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

DeVore wrote: »
    So, my verdict is: if you liked FM2 you'll like this, its pretty much the same game. Oh, the interface is slightly worse and the graphics are better.
    If you have FM2 and you are stuck for cash and torn between this game and another... I dont know that I would be rushing to buy this, simply because its not a huge step forwards.

DeV.
    bucks73 wrote: »
    But does any franchise take a big step forward each year? FIFA, Madden, COD, PES, NHL, NBA et al seem to take aminor step forward each year??? Sure, Forza isnt a yearly franchise like the aforementioned but its still another franchise.

This game barely takes any steps forward in any department where it matters. Sure its given some spit polish, like graphics, slightly more reasonable AI but, drag racing and drifting but some of this jazzing up is actually worse than 2. I agree with DeV when he points out the interface, it's worse.

To be blunt, there was no urgent need to buy 3. The driving experience using the controller or MS wheel is marginally improved upon and while i'd love to drop half a k on a fanatec wheel and try the clutch and manual gears I just cant see it happening.

Its the kind of game I wish I worked on to give the guys a reality check every now and then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi Vegeta ive seen you post once or twice now that the fanatec wheel costs 500 euro.
    I meant to correct you in another thread but forgot so just to let you know the 500 is their top end wheel.
    There are some half that price and less.
    Id hate for you guys to miss out on a proper wheel not knowing real cost.
    I dont think all these wheels support the 360 however but certainly there is one cheaper than the 500 euro one.

Heres their prices mate.
    http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/index.php?cPath=21

Ill be honest i have only played the forza 3 demo and forza 2 with a pad and didnt feel any real difference between them but to be fair you really need to play with a proper wheel system to appreciate any racing sim.
    Unfortunately my G25 wheel doesnt work on the 360 so for opinion and thoughts on forza 3 i found myself turing to the guys at SRT and their in depth review.
    Having raced with these guys in iracing i know these guys are pure simracers and fully trust their opinion.
    Take a look for yourself guys, its well worth viewing if you havent done so already.

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/simracingtonight#p/a

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

One thing that's annoying me about fm3 is the soundtrack and I'll be damned if I can find the custom soundtrack option…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It's very similiar to the changes made to PGR4 in comparison to PGR3 - white screen with very crisp graphics. It's the same with the racing calender as well - wonder if they took any inspiration from PGR!?

I'm impressed with it - looking forward to unlocking/buying a lot of cars:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Having played a good bit of this over the last few days - I have to say I'm loving it.

The handling is now spot on - I always found Forza 2 to bite you a little too soon in a slide, with all aids off you would find yourself pointing the wrong way having only got 30mph into a corner with a dab of the brakes - completely unrealistic when comparing it to real world cars. Now in 3 I find the handling almost spot on to my own car in "real world TM"

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi Vegeta ive seen you post once or twice now that the fanatec wheel costs 500 euro.
    I meant to correct you in another thread but forgot so just to let you know the 500 is their top end wheel.
    There are some half that price and less.
    Id hate for you guys to miss out on a proper wheel not knowing real cost.
    I dont think all these wheels support the 360 however but certainly there is one cheaper than the 500 euro one.

Heres their prices mate.
    http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/index.php?cPath=21

Oh I know but the 500 quid wheel is the best one and comes with the pedal and shifter

Their cheapest wheel isn't 360 compatible

The cheapest wheel which is 360 compatible is 230 euro and then its 50 quid for the pedals and 50 quid for the shifter. I don't know would I use the shifter but it would be nice to have all the same. Still 330 quid for a wheel, pedals and shifter (not sure how much shipping is) is a good chunk better than 500, tis true

If I were you though I'd buy the MS wheel and use your G25 pedals. The wheel is like 80 quid in some places and while its not the best wheel ever it will do the job and its the pedals where I feel a lot of time is lost, braking efficiency and the ability to be gentle and progressive on the throttle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I haven't been able to play an online game yet. I'm sure there aren't as many people playing as there will be because the game is so new, but I can never seem to join a race that's just started and instead have to sit around in the lobby for ages, eventually giving up as nothing happens.

Also, why can't we race normal cars like the Focus online? All I'm able to select are the higher classes of cars, starting with the Aston Martin. Is this something I'm doing or are the smaller cars just not an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Don't know if I like the new online yet. Anyone been able to find a tuning menu while in the lobby? Nightmare not being able to tune cars for oval races.
    Also the more sensitive controls have pretty much ruined any chance of bump-drafting online. While it may be more realistic it's not more fun.

amacachi wrote: »
    Don't know if I like the new online yet. Anyone been able to find a tuning menu while in the lobby? Nightmare not being able to tune cars for oval races.
    Also the more sensitive controls have pretty much ruined any chance of bump-drafting online. While it may be more realistic it's not more fun.

You cant tune cars in the lobby, end of. A lot of negative backlash over that on their forums.

Up until a few days ago you couldn't even load a saved tune file, they changed that with the update the other day I think

So you still cant tune the car manually but you can load a saved tune. That make sense?

Vegeta wrote: »
    You cant tune cars in the lobby, end of. A lot of negative backlash over that on their forums.

Up until a few days ago you couldn't even load a saved tune file, they changed that with the update the other day I think

So you still cant tune the car manually but you can load a saved tune. That make sense?

Thanks. Very silly change to make. Fingers crossed they'll update it because trying to find a tune in a hurry is going to be a pain.

Thanks. Very silly change to make. Fingers crossed they'll update it because trying to find a tune in a hurry is going to be a pain.

Yup there is a lot , and I mean a lot of negative feedback on the forzamotorsport.net forums over this and other issues.

One of the other problems is matchmaking or some such. I haven't given multiplayer a go myself yet so not exactly sure what the issue is but there are a lot of disgruntled fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Is there any way I can connect my Driving Force Pro to the 360?

Yup there is a lot , and I mean a lot of negative feedback on the forzamotorsport.net forums over this and other issues.

One of the other problems is matchmaking or some such. I haven't given multiplayer a go myself yet so not exactly sure what the issue is but there are a lot of disgruntled fans.

The speed I'm getting into races with is excellent compared with FM2, it's mainly the tuning I have a problem with.

Don't want to go near the FM forums, you're saying there's plenty of negative feedback but any time I was there I got shouted down if I criticised anything about FM2. Hell saying that GT5P is better graphically than the trailer for FM3 was like getting beaten up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Bought the collectors edition yesterday. I like the game, I really loved Forza 2 and this is just a small improvement which is probably why I like it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

the changes they made to the online cancel out all the other good new features. you know its bad when they're complaining on forza.net.

• Advertisement

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Is there any way I can connect my Driving Force Pro to the 360?

If that is a racing wheel then I don't think there is. Its crazy that they don't support more third party hardware.
    Don't want to go near the FM forums, you're saying there's plenty of negative feedback but any time I was there I got shouted down if I criticised anything about FM2. Hell saying that GT5P is better graphically than the trailer for FM3 was like getting beaten up.

Oh there's plenty of folks saying that the negative comments are being made by whining bitches etc etc but there is a hell of a lot of negativity all the same. One of the main things is the race start with the auto revving car and being given control just 1 second before the race (hate that myself too). Also the drag racing is getting pasted with a list of complaints as long as my arm. No starting lights, horrible traction on a drag strip, unrealistic improvements for decreases in tyre pressures and on and on
    the changes they made to the online cancel out all the other good new features. you know its bad when they're complaining on forza.net.

I know this sounds extremely dramatic but I cant think of one area, that I have an interest in, where they have improved it over 2. Ok that's a lie the graphics are noticeably better, after that I am struggling. Now I will be the first to say that I don't paint or do any of that stuff so even if the painting system is 100 times better I'll never notice it but as a racing game this is definitely less than I expected it to be. They implemented a race season yet the whole season long it never rains.

I don't hate the game but I am disappointed with the direction it has taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmmm..doesn't sound as good as I was expecting.

maybe a patch (or two?) will be released to sort some issues before I get around to buying it..else it'll be a platinum hits buy :(

I know this sounds extremely dramatic but I cant think of one area, that I have an interest in, where they have improved it over 2. Ok that's a lie the graphics are noticeably better, after that I am struggling. Now I will be the first to say that I don't paint or do any of that stuff so even if the painting system is 100 times better I'll never notice it but as a racing game this is definitely less than I expected it to be. They implemented a race season yet the whole season long it never rains.

I don't hate the game but I am disappointed with the direction it has taken.

+1. they tried to keep everyone happy by sticking in drifting scoreboards, drag and all the tuner/painting leaderboards. the problem is they didn't spend 5 minutes on any of it. your wasting your time playing ranked games online now unless you always want to drive the fastest cars in each class.

as for the handling it is improved but its still possible to get an old american muscle car, put as much power as possible in it without touching tires, weight or downforce and set unrealistic lap times.

throw in all the annoying things like the lap certification bull and auto revving and its really no improvement at all over 2. online in particular just doesn't compare.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The people on forza forums moaning expecting a vast improvement over forza 2 in terms of physics are playing the game with a pad.
    Theres only so much a great physics engine can translate to the user via a pad therefore its very hard to notice a huge difference until you use a wheel.
    Im told by some guys in the simracing scene that its a big upgrade from F2 in terms of physics but you simply NEED NEED NEED a wheel when i say wheel i mean a wheel with a good pedal system not the crappy pedals on the official xbox setup.

Personally im only using a pad as my G25 isnt 360 compatible so i cant really say but certainly im not seeing a huge difference physics wise with a pad.
    Im still enjoying it however.

Dcully wrote: »
    The people on forza forums moaning expecting a vast improvement over forza 2 in terms of physics are playing the game with a pad.
    Theres only so much a great physics engine can translate to the user via a pad.

tbh I don't see very many complain about the physics (bar the lack of grip on the drag strip or cars sliding down slopes even though the brakes are fully pressed)

Here is a list of the complaints compiled yesterday and to be fair it doesn't really matter if you play with a controller or wheel as a lot are not even related to the driving experience
    Drag Racing Related Issues

1. Lowering Tire Pressure below 35 psi increases times substantially, this is not true to real life.
    -Suggestion, add a few sets of tires like ET Streets, Mickey's etc. (I'm aware that Dan has suggested that they did not want to put any drag specific mechanics into the game, but in order to be modeled correctly this is the only fix I can think of.
    2. 3,2,1 Countdown at the beginning of Drag Races, and the "dead" tree.
    -Suggestion, this is an easy fix. Even if turn 10 ditched the staging mini game that was initially in the game, the tree still has it's place. Winning drag racesshould be about reaction time and being able to control the outcome with the "driver mod". Activate the tree, after the 3,2,1 countdown NHRA style simple enough.
    3. No 60ft, reaction time, 1/8th mile time, or trap speeds in drag racing mode.
    -Suggestion, another simple fix. Implement these. These make a great tuning tool for drag racing, it shows you exactly where you're losing time.
    4. Free run drag racing starts the timer instantly, no time to rev the car.
    -Suggestion, really similar to the one above with the tree. Give the player a 3-4 second timer to rev and then start the tree.
    5. Grip on the Drag track is non-existant.
    -Suggestion, adjust the track's coding so that it adds a multiplier to grip. I do agree with everyone that every track across the entire country has a different way of preparing the track, but the track in forza feels like running on ice unless you're in an AWD car.
    6. Drag lanes are too wide.
    -Suggestion, cut the size of the lanes in about half with protective barriers so that the anatomy of the rest of the (road) track doesn't have to be modified.
    Road Racing issues.

1. Staging "rev-scene".
    -Suggestion, nearly everyone wants this gone. It was cool during the first race when you got to see the R8 revving, but after that it's just annoying.
    2. Brake Squeel during inital scene.
    -Suggestion, this may be something that not many people bring up but for those of us that do it's extremely annoying. I am one of those people that are supersensitive to high pitched squeeling like this, from a technical stand pointI can think of maybe 4-5 cars off the top of my head that actually squeel like thiswhen coming to a stop. One of them is my IRL car, a 2004 WRX Sti, and the only
    reason it does that is because I've purchased ceramic brake pads for the car.A mini cooper is not going to squeel like a ceramic pig, please just get rid of it.
    3. Downshift Audio Error. (Occurs whenever braking lightly and downshifting, engine tone will continue through the previously selected gear, you do not hear the gear change until 3-4 seconds after it's selected) Experienced both in the 08 sti, andthe Legacy B4.
    -Bug
    4. Audi S4/S5 imbalance (My personal opinion)
    -Suggestion, I don't really have one at this point. I do not personally own an S4 but I have been on the real race track with several of them and to say the least I was quite underwhelmed. It's entirely possible that it could have been the driver of the car, but regardless it's pretty disheartening to see my favorite 2 classes (C & B) being dominated entirely by Audis.
    5. Missle Cars
    -Suggestion, there is a LOT of controvery behind this and everyone was under the
    impression that these were eliminated, but they have returned for FM3. Without
    delving too far into my official opinion on the subject the only thing I can suggest
    is to add a speed rating to tires. Once said tire exceeds it's rating it would
    start to degrade at a pre-set rate.
    6. Over-Sensitivty of the hot-lap certifier.
    -Suggestion, I have always been told by race instructors that the rumble stripis part of the track, that being said a lot of people misconstrue that. When you are apexing, your inside tires should be allowed to touch the curbing and when tracking out your outside tires should be allowed to touch the curbing. It's completely ridiculous to have a time not be certified for using the entire track.I can't tell how many countless times that my instructor would hold the steering wheel while I was driving so that I wouldn't turn in or track out too early. My suggestion (sorry for the backstory) would be to remove the penalty for using rumble strips and bottoming out, everything else including bump drafting, regular drafting and other I completely agree with.
    7. Lack of local leaderboards.
    -Suggestion, add them back in. Even in this day and age not everyone who plays forza has an internet connection. Some people just enjoy playing offline and like to race against themselves and others in there homes.
    8. Rabbit Cars.
    -Suggestion, adjust the other cars with difficulty as well. Example... On easy mode, make most of the field as is, but as you progress through the other difficulties make the entire pack respond to difficulty changes, not just 1-2.
    9. Tire/Fuel bug. (Tire wear not taking place in races)
    -Suggestion, I have not personally experienced this but it's worth being looked into.
    "Bug"
    10. Exhaust note doesn't change with exhaust/cam mods.
    -Suggestion, this is another one of those "fixit" things that might not ever happen. In my opinion the cars in stock form are WAY too loud, there's no way my sti was ever that loud in stock form. One other huge annoyance of mine is that the Subaru EZ30 swap sounds like a RB26, not the case.
    11. Some cars in the R-class have non -working dashes.
    -Suggestion, implement it.
    Multiplayer

1. Cannot tune cars in lobbies.
    Suggestion, allow tuning of cars in private lobbies and not just to select different setups, not sure if it's possible in hopper lobbies but if not put the option in those as well. Anymore I can think off or come across I will add
    2. Matchmaking is not working for A class.
    With an open NAT (npnp activated), and all microsoft connection tests passed, users recieve the error message "You open a new empty lobby inaccesible."

Auction House
    1. Cars are not named consistently across the AH/Dealerships/Storefronts.
    - Suggestion, create more consistent names for cars especially with cars that have performance packages ie. Z28, S204, SS etc.

Paint Shop/Livery Editor

1. Excessive glare is distracting when applying decals to the roof of the car.
    -Suggestion, possibly have different sets of light conditions or possibly have the ability to turn off the dynamic lighting within the livery editor.
    Car/Part Specific Bugs
    1.Tinting windows of the Land Rover doesnt work
    2. Can't paint the right JUN side skirt for the R-34. It mirrors what is on the left side skirt.
    General/Non-specific bugs.

1. Button for time trials in the main menu is missing. You need to access it versa leaderboards.
    2. Compare cars option in the garage is missing
    3. Errormessage when not connected to XBXOX LIVE is wrong (Leaderboards)
    'the servers are not ready in the moment' There is no hint, that you are simply
    not connected to XBXOX LIVE
    4. The race overview shows green even if you need to up or downgrade your car
    5. The race overview does not show where you already raced some races but not finish
    the event (not finished all races of the event)

6. HP are shown on the Grafics of the races even if you choose metric (300HP shootout etc.)
    7. Sky graphical glitch/problem on Road America
    -There is a graphical error on the Road America track, just after the last bend, that makes the leaf textures on the trees disappear from certain angles, and also appears to make the photomode camera get stuck if moved into a certain position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Got my first 360 yesterday ,the new forza pack. Thoroughly enjoying forza ,I was a little worried it wouldn't be as good as the ps3.
    But theres something about the 360 ,thats just right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

ondafly wrote: »
    Having played a good bit of this over the last few days - I have to say I'm loving it.

The handling is now spot on - I always found Forza 2 to bite you a little too soon in a slide, with all aids off you would find yourself pointing the wrong way having only got 30mph into a corner with a dab of the brakes - completely unrealistic when comparing it to real world cars. Now in 3 I find the handling almost spot on to my own car in "real world TM"

I have to agree with this.

Played Forza 2 for the first time a few weeks back,
    and found the way the brakes locked up to be hugely exagerated,
    and ended up disliking it, and not wanting to spend much time with it.
    I found the graphics extremely dated, not that its the most important thing,
    but didnt expect them to be that bad.

Forza 3 however, has blown me away.
    I was absolutely addicted the first time playing it,
    i just could not stop!
    Excellent graphics, excellent handling, it feels so realistic,
    but best of all.....

the Sound.
    This is the most authentic sounding racing game i have ever played,
    the cars actually sound like their real life counterparts.

I think the attention to detail of each individual car in this game is staggering,
    the cars really feel like they have their own unique personality,
    just like they should do.

The sounds in GT5 prologue, sound generic and artificial,
    and theres no way i can see GT5 sounding more realistic when it comes out,
    nor can i see as much attention to detail of each individual car,
    theres 900 cars coming for it apparently?

It seems a case of quality over quantity with Forza 3.

And what is it with the GT series using the same tire squeal sound since day one?
    Funny how the Forza fans will nitpick at the tire squeal sound when you take off, at least we don't have to endure it for the full race!

Most importantly, the creators have done the extremely difficult job,
    of making a Racing Sim, universal and fun to play, with very little compromise.

Sure theres room for improvement, but if someone made the perfect game we'd be done with racing sims forever after playing it.
    The interior views for example are a bit 2d and unrealistic but not bad for their first attempt.
    GT5 will excel in this area i think, GT5 will have a higher resolution also asfaik,
    but i cant see GT5 getting the important things as good as FM3.

I could go into much more detail, but I'd fear how long my post would be....

bottom line....

Great game.

I think the attention to detail of each individual car in this game is staggering,
    the cars really feel like they have their own unique personality,
    just like they should do.

I'm only using a controller but I have to say I'm not getting the same feel for individual cars as I did in FM2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

I'm only using a controller but I have to say I'm not getting the same feel for individual cars as I did in FM2.

I find each totally different anyway, if you select a new car for each race especially.

I've all assists off except for anti lock brakes too, im assuming you have the same,
    of course with traction control your not going to get as a good a feel for them.

Im using a controller too hence why i use anti lock,
    id really need pedals to play without it.

• Advertisement

I find each totally different anyway, if you select a new car for each race especially.

I've all assists off except for anti lock brakes too, im assuming you have the same,
    of course with traction control your not going to get as a good a feel for them.

Im using a controller too hence why i use anti lock,
    id really need pedals to play without it.

im using the pad with all assists off and i cant see any difference between cars. the skyline and S5 and all the small F class cars feel the same so far at least. it is a good game but i cant see it lasting as long as forza 2 did once MW2 and a few others come out.

one other blatantly obvious thing is the whole VW/audi dominance. the golf gti still dominates the small classes while the S4, S5 and R8 dominate C-A class. then during the loading screen theres a message along the lines of "VW set the standards for quality.....etc.".

Advertisement