Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tax position - travelling

• 24-10-2009 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

I was abroad for 6 months of 2009 - returned in July and PAYE contribution has increased from a low in July to normal (pre-travel level) in October.

Is this correct ? - i thought that as my earnings will be under 30K for 2009 that PAYE would be minimal. Do i need to contact Revenue to advise of my position or do they know from my usage of credits for the year ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,669 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

If you are:
    • paid monthly
    • grossing approx €5000 per month
    • earn this for the latter 6 months of the year
    • have standard tax credits/ cut-off point of a single person
    then you are probably going to be paying approx €700 per month in PAYE in October. You'd have paid none in July/August and approx €250 in September.

The PAYE system allows for fluctuations in earnings as it works on an aggregate basis (ie it calculates the tax payable on your YTD earnings, the credits etc applying to these earnings and then deducts the total tax you paid in all the previous months to determine the amount you owe for the current pay period).

You don't need to contact the revenue Commissioners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Remember the income levy doubled in the supplementary budget

Advertisement