Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll - Dollhouse S02E04 - Belonging (US) - Spoilers

• 24-10-2009 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Just after watching a super Sierra centric episode. Much more in tone with the second half of Season 1, and hardly any Echo to boot. And I noticed that Jonathan Frakes directed the episode. And Keith Carradine (I wonder what exactly Adelle did that he holds over her).

Both Dichen Lachman and Fran Kranz gave super performances - up until now I viewed Topher as a bit of an irritant, but he went a lot further tonight. And who knew he was a real doctor as well as a computer geek. The story really tied into the Epitaph One scenario, both in terms of Sierra being owned permanently, Topher being slightly unhinged at trying to work out Alpha's technology and Echo's forewarning of the coming storm.

But the episode belonged to Sierra - finally we got to see more than a few minutes of her on screen, and understand the reality of how she ended up in the Dollhouse. Lachman easily switched from acting the Doll to acting as Priya, something that Eliza Dushku seems incapable of (although now those lines are blurring for Echo).

No doubt the ratings will be crap given the news this week, which is a real shame as this was, in my book, the best episode not to be set in 2019.

What did you think of Belonging? 12 votes

0%
    58%
    Richard DoweranotherlostieRob30888BlazerqwertplaywertAlso Starring LeVar Burtonrobby^5 7 votes
    41%
    StarkmatrimSherifuiguanaMOH 5 votes
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Excellent episode. More of these now that the show's days are numbered, less "imprint of the week".
    Gotta love Lundy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That was pretty good. More of this caliber please. Keith Carradine is a great addition if he sticks around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Enjoyable episode. Some pieces seemed to be a little out of place, where I wasn't sure what was flashback and what wasn't. Kind of the episode storyline I'd have expected to be in season 1. If they had this in the place of some of the duller ones, I think it would have helped ratings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Best episode of the season, by far...a clear nod to the second part to series 1 and Epitaph One. Topher scene working on a chip and talking to himself like Alpha....i have always suspect him and Alpha had something in common.

Like Topher had a copy of his brain downloaded and Alpha imprinted Topher into himself. There HAS to be a reason his mannerisms (Topher) is like Alpha, it's not some random scene they throw in.

But you cann see from that ep. Topher is effected by the DH and seeing the consequences of his actions, he's unstable....it points towards that scene where Topher is mentally ill.

Brilliant episode overall, Victor once again is an excellent actor, pulled off the Italian accent with ease and you belive him. Sierra did a great job also....her backstory was rather brutal, but it shows there are higher powers controlling the DH, and they answer to them.

It's just a pity we didn't get this quality right away, we discover alot in this ep. - Dewitt has more in her closet then one might think. This ep. shows me just how good DH *could* be, what it should be....but nothing can save this show now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

If only this was episode 1 of season 2, ratings may have gone up rather than down...
    Anyways, fantastic episode - good to see a bit more of Topher, Sierra, Boyd and Viktor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

good to see a bit more of Topher, Sierra, Boyd and Viktor...

And a lot less Echo.;)

One thing that didn't make a lot of sense to me is why they continued to keep Sierra in the house? They could just have wiped her memory of that day, created some sort of reason for why a year has passed instead and sent her back to Australia with a lot of money.

I could understand if she chose to stay for the sake of loving Victor but not why she was just automatically sent back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yeah interesting ep, certainly tries to tackle some of the uncomfortableness people had with whole action! adventure! sex! slave! TV! show!. particularly with sierra's arc last year.

• Advertisement

we have summer glau to look forward too
    http://www.bscreview.com/2009/10/dollhouse-summer-glau-teaser/

good to see Alexis Denisof! back too

nice bostonian twang to his voice

we have summer glau to look forward too
    http://www.bscreview.com/2009/10/dollhouse-summer-glau-teaser/

good to see Alexis Denisof! back too

nice bostonian twang to his voice

:eek: - that looks good! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That was a cracking episode,

Like has been said had the led with this and then cut in some of the scenes that echo is starting to remember i'm sure it would have been a much different story this season.

Advertisement