Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair ..Rip off...!!!!

Options
  • 24-10-2009 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I flew yesterday from Knock to London Luton..and unfortunately forgot to check in online...

When i got to desk i was told i would have to pay 40euro for the boarding pass..!!! I was shocked that this supposed to be cheap airline had the nerve to charge this amount..I have been told that last year it cost 10 euros for a boarding card ...So Mr O LEARY..HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY A 300% INCREASE...!!!:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

You play by their rules and it's cheap. You don't, and you pay. That's always the way it's been with Ryanair. Next time check in online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Be thankful you did not fly in the unionised Aer Lingus. I remember having to fly with them in the seventies and early eighties to England, at a couple of hundred quid return. That was when money was money. Their employees and unions attitude then reminds me of the public service now. Fair play to Michael O'Leary, he has done more for Ireland in a day than all the union bosses done in their lifetime.

Why not travel by CIE if you do not like Ryanair ? It will probably cost you more, just as CIE itself costs the taxpayer hugely. At least Ryanair is not a drain on the taxpayer. Do not fly it if you do not want to. Nearly 100 million people will however fly it this year. One of the great Irish success stories. Thank God Ryanair always had a common sense approach to the govt and unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

libke wrote: »
    I flew yesterday from Knock to London Luton..and unfortunately forgot to check in online...

When i got to desk i was told i would have to pay 40euro for the boarding pass..!!! I was shocked that this supposed to be cheap airline had the nerve to charge this amount..I have been told that last year it cost 10 euros for a boarding card ...So Mr O LEARY..HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY A 300% INCREASE...!!!:mad::mad:

How much did you pay for your flight ?

We all know the story with Ryanair charges but for the change they have made to the price of flights for all of us cannot be knocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

libke wrote: »

How can YOU justify complaining when you didn't follow their simple instructions? If you're so angry with them, why don't you just stop using them and take another airline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

jimmmy wrote: »
    Be thankful you did not fly in the unionised Aer Lingus.

I just did a quick search on aerlingus.com and ryanair.com for a return flight from Knock to Gatwick (Aer Lingus) and Knock to both Stansted and Luton with Ryanair; Aer Lingus was cheaper than both.

OP perhaps you should fly with the unionised Aer Lingus in future if it suits you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

When you bought your flight, you agreed to Ryanair's T&Cs and rules (which of course you probably didn't read). You broke what is probably the simplest rule to follow, so don't complain when you get charged €40 for your own mistake. As Mick would say, "If you don't like it, f**k off somewhere else." There's 67 million other passengers who abide by the rules, so why should you be any different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Rant and raving forum is that way -->

Advertisement