Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Leddy Theatre

Options
  • 24-10-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Seems like it's long overdue, but maybe it hasn't come at the right time. Has anybody been yet? What's it like? Any reports? :D

Cheers,
    WD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hihohelen

yes I've been and its wonderful. plenty seating, large stage, great view from all seats, easy parking, very well run and a great credit to Tommy and asset for Drogeda. wel ldone Tommy. Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Was up there on the opening week. It's well overdue and as said its an asset for Drogheda. Make sure to support it if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

I went to the opening week with my extended family and kids. Great to see this opened at last.

As far as I can remember there is seating for around 900 and a nice bar upstairs. It was still very new so hard to tell what atmosphere will be like when the smell of new wood and paint is gone.

My parents in law went to see Marty Wilde, they thought it was very good, it was half full or half empty depending on what way you want to look at it it.:)

There is an Abba show on next month, I might bring my kids I'll have to check if its suitable for 8 and 9 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Marty Wilde and an Abba show.

Is that the sort of act we can expect or is there any chance of summat a bit more...erm...less crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

ABBA FOREVER
    07/11/2009

PAT SHORTT
    21/11/2009

BRENDAN O'CARROLL
    03/12/2009

ALBERT LEE & HOGANS HEROES
    11/12/2009

SIMPSON STAGE SCHOOL
    19/12/2009 -20/12/2009

THE FUREYS & DAVEY ARTHUR
    27/12/2009

SHARON SHANNON, SHANE MACGOWN & MUNDY
    02/01/2010

I'll be at the last couple. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What are the prices like? If it's anything like the Sound Shop it'll be more expensive than seeing the shows in Dublin :P

7/11 Abba Forever €25/€15
    21/11 Pat Short €30
    3/12 Brendan O'Carroll €27
    11/12 Albert Lee & Hogans Heroes €27
    19/20 Dec Simpson Stage School €15/€12
    27/12 Fureys €25
    2/Jan Sharon Shannon
    Shane McGowan and Mundy €45/€40

details from Drogheda Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

hihohelen wrote: »
    7/11 Abba Forever €25/€15
    21/11 Pat Short €30
    3/12 Brendan O'Carroll €27
    11/12 Albert Lee & Hogans Heroes €27
    19/20 Dec Simpson Stage School €15/€12
    27/12 Fureys €25
    2/Jan Sharon Shannon
    Shane McGowan and Mundy €45/€40

details from Drogheda Independent.

They got a web site?

answer my own question after a quick google:

http://www.thetlt.ie/home.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Got tickets for the Furey's gig, had a sneak peak inside, looks the business, never seen the Furey's, i'm biting at the bit :D

should be a cracking night

I see you can pick whatever seats you want to sit in when buying tickets.

If you were to go to Brendan Grace, would you want to be sitting at the front? or would you end up spending most of the night having to look upwards at the stage?

Or would you be better off to go three or four rows back, to get a good and level view?

• Advertisement

thats news to me, we were allocated seats, but it is so spacious they can let you choose your seats. As far as I remember the first few rows were flat and the rest were tiered. I always choose tiered, for a better view. I hope he got his new seats in, he was let down by the supplier for his opening show and the seats were not quite comfy but I heard his new seats will be A1. Go and enjoy, Tommy deserves support.

Advertisement