Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet cafe charging 5.70 an hour in Clonmel..

• 24-10-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Surely this has to be some sort of record for an internet cafe in Ireland, Circles in Clonmel charge 5.70 per hour.....

Has anyone paid more in an internet cafe in Ireland?

Brgds
    Johnny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Thats quite a lot alright, no way would I pay it. There are other IC's in Clonmel so surely it's a matter of time before their business drys up. Think the one edge they have in Circles is that they are agents for Betfair so if folk wanna play poker online they have no other choice but to go to there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Surely this has to be some sort of record for an internet cafe in Ireland, Circles in Clonmel charge 5.70 per hour.....

Brgds
    Johnny
    Thats disgraceful. I paid ?5 an hour when i lived in Ranelagh in '03. You'd expect that in Dublin 6, with D4 right at the end of my road. And that was during the Celtic Tiger days. But charging that in Clonmel in these times of economic woe? :eek:

There's only one way to sort that out and thats to simply not go in there. If enough people do that the owners will soon realise the days of charging unjustified absorbitent rates is over. A letter to Consumer Affairs might not go astray either. They have a name and shame list of rip-off merchants on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Lol i was in the US over the summer and went into an internet cafe. $.50 yes thats 50 cent for an hour and a half or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

1 euro per hour seems to be the reasonable in Dublin. I think I saw somewhere on Dame street with 5 euro for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

jkmanc1974 wrote: »

Brgds
    Johnny

Did you pay it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Thats quite a lot alright, no way would I pay it. There are other IC's in Clonmel so surely it's a matter of time before their business drys up. Think the one edge they have in Circles is that they are agents for Betfair so if folk wanna play poker online they have no other choice but to go to there.

Thought that with the sign on the door that it might have been a betting exchange shop in which case fair enough, however mentioned this to the girl behind the counter and she didn't know?

Needless to say, made a sharp exit without using the internet/paying, at least they had the price displayed though!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

in kilkenny its 2 euro a hour thats ok but 5.70 is nuts

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lol i was in the US over the summer and went into an internet cafe. $.50 yes thats 50 cent for an hour and a half or so

We always like to think that America is cheaper for things,
    I was in Miami during September and they wanted $23...yes $23 for the first 4min of a call to Ireland (landline) from a public payhone on the street!

In comparison a standard eircom phone box charges nothing like this to call America,

In the end I found a free public access wifi connection and used Skype on my iPhone to call home for 20min which cost me 30c :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

£1 for two hours just off Oxford St in central London last year, Hopefully someone down the road will open up another place in Clonmel, charge less than half the price and put them out of business, :)

Most internet cafés in Ennis were charging €1 an hour until last year until two went under. On the other hand I also found that cheap cafés came attached with shoddy and neglected service ie sticky keyboards, virus infestation, spammers, charging 50c an A4 printouts etc. There is something to be said for personal netbooks and free WIFI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ginoforte

Interesting, maybe if you have such a problem with their prices which i agree are quite high you should go to one of the other internet cafe's in Clonmel? oh wait, there is no other ones.

• Advertisement

1 or 2 euro for an hour in limerick

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ginoforte wrote: »
    Interesting, maybe if you have such a problem with their prices which i agree are quite high you should go to one of the other internet cafe's in Clonmel? oh wait, there is no other ones.

Thread is nearly 4 years old......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

ginoforte wrote: »

I'm sure the OP has bought themselves a Tablet in the meantime. Technology has come a long way in the three years since the thread was previously posted on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement