Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Metallica the definitive metal band

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

STEEL PANTHER!

Meh, Metal's far to diverse to have a "definitive" band. Attempts to do that will just result in a hundred and one different personal top 10 lists.

Unless you're talking about Manowar of course. Manowar ARE metal!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Metallica are like the playstation of metal
    Are you saying Metallica are dull, grey and had a peak in popularity in the late nineties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Malice_ wrote: »
    Are you saying Metallica are dull, grey and had a peak in popularity in the late ninties?
    By that logic they should be the NES of metal!

Dull, grey, peaked in the late 80s early 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Max Power1 wrote: »
    By that logic they should be the NES of metal!

Dull, grey, peaked in the late 80s early 90s
    Nah, Metallica are the Commodore 64 of metal. They dominated in the mid to late eighties selling millions of units every year. People who remember them from those days still talk nostalgically about them :).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sarky wrote: »

Unless you're talking about Manowar of course. Manowar ARE metal!

Thor doth wish to doest battle with Manower for the mantle of METAL

thordogz.jpg

P5015773023526_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

get this, right -- if i were like ..an eclectic retard n i liked metal n rave i would go to hmv chart toppers section n come home with metallikur n scooter

-they are competent musicians from emerging in the thrash boom, all i can offer.

diggin the slayer banner i saw on this page! buy that instead

EDIT: or yeah Manowar even. raise ur hammers! n bring em down on hetfelds head for being on the stereos of fat taxi driving men in sweatpants

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rocky77

Is it just me, or are Motorhead not getting nearly enough credit in this thread?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They never do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Metalli-Sabbath ftw.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I consider Metallica to now be a rock band. They draw upon too many other styles to be considered metal anymore. They haven't released a good (speed/trash/*insert genre here*) metal album since the 80s. Load is Rock/ country, Reload is the same, Garage inc is familiar cover songs, Black is totally mainstream.

"Heavy metal" to me is stuff like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden with ripped jeans and high pitched vocals. :D Metal is like that long first note in Iron Man. And when the drum kicks in oh man! Heavy, scary, dark, totally awesome... :D

Metallica's live show is like a pantomime or a parody of a metal show. *Oh Yea? OH YEA!! Metal fingers! Mosh pit* Good clean fun. They are the ultimate Guitar Hero band; cheesy, fun, shout along, jump around, bang your head. They're not bad ass guys, sorry!

They're over hyped by fans of their first few albums that are desperate to keep *that* Metallica preserved forever. They changed. Get with it. Every second thread on here: "MOP is best" "No RTL is best", "No no it's definitely AJFL" :rolleyes:

Lars Ulrich: “This album (Load) and what we’re doing with it - that, to me, is what Metallica are all about: exploring different things. The minute you stop exploring, then just sit down and ****ing die.”

well said ,i agree with all of that ,but i also agree that they suck

slayer ,slayer slayer slayer best band from that era for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement