Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROI Vetting

Options
  • 24-10-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Would anyone know roughly how long it takes to be vetted by the psni if your from the republic?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It took a year for mine. They have to send it to the Garda Vetting Unit in Thurles... and they hurry for nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭CK1Champ

a year...such a joke, wouldnt wanna be in a rush for a job!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

There are people on this forum who are in the same boat as you, so you're in very good company. You can contact the Garda Vetting Unit on 0504 27300 and ask them for an update on your Vetting, but they don't have to give you an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 P365

Hi CK1Champ,

They're a few of us on here from 'The South'. I'm in the same both as you as regards the vetting, sent it away a few months back and have passed my medical already at least. Anyone I've spoken to has said nine months to a year. I guess we'll just have to sit back and wait. At least we'll find out our merit numbers in a few weeks.

P365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

*Bump.

Might be useful for any southern applicants to discuss their waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Do Not Ring GARDA vetting. It's easier to get an answer out of Kurt Cobain. They wont tell you anything at-all. The Iraqi Navy they aint. I've already made my feelings known on this whole subject...even the vetting forms for the P.S.N.I are a walk in the park compared to the amazonian rainforest that is A.G.S, who seem to want to know who in your family are guards and what your third uncle three towns up and two across had for breakfast the day Dev was shot. JOKE.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

They will probably get it sorted if they know that march is the last intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

shampon wrote: »
    Do Not Ring GARDA vetting. It's easier to get an answer out of Kurt Cobain. They wont tell you anything at-all. The Iraqi Navy they aint. I've already made my feelings known on this whole subject...even the vetting forms for the P.S.N.I are a walk in the park compared to the amazonian rainforest that is A.G.S, who seem to want to know who in your family are guards and what your third uncle three towns up and two across had for breakfast the day Dev was shot. JOKE.

In all honesty why would the Gardai give out information about any applicant over the phone??????? :rolleyes: you could be anybody at the other end of the line, it would be a serious breach of security to give such info over the phone. Do you think PSNI would just tell you how your vetting is coming along over the phone!!!! i dont think so.

In all honesty why would the Gardai give out information about any applicant over the phone??????? :rolleyes: you could be anybody at the other end of the line, it would be a serious breach of security to give such info over the phone. Do you think PSNI would just tell you how your vetting is coming along over the phone!!!! i dont think so.

Ah now princess if you look as pretty as you write we should well hook up for a gargle, your giving me a bad rep, I dont expect them to tell me anything...it's just the length of time it takes for them to clear it means a tense wait for all us southerners...you know kind of like waiting for microwave popcorn?

Well did any of Eire's sons and daughters get the call or the huge brown envelope?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 me67

Sent vetting off in June. Had a call from the local sergeant at the start of November with a few questions and was told it would be sent back to the PSNI before the end of the week. I have not checked the status of my vetting but hoping for some good news tomorrow.

me67 wrote: »
    Sent vetting off in June. Had a call from the local sergeant at the start of November with a few questions and was told it would be sent back to the PSNI before the end of the week. I have not checked the status of my vetting but hoping for some good news tomorrow.

That sounds mad...I never got the shout from the local sergeant. I'm confused as anything here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 del79

It took 4 months for my vetting to com through ,I have big family spread out all over Ireland And UK and I spent a bit of time working abroad also. I personally think it depends on who recieves your file in Thurles .

del79 wrote: »
    It took 4 months for my vetting to com through ,I have big family spread out all over Ireland And UK and I spent a bit of time working abroad also. I personally think it depends on who recieves your file in Thurles .

So you live in the South then and you cleared?!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

del79 wrote: »

Flip me that is quick then!!! All the stuff on my vetting was to do with NI only and still after 7months my vetting is ongoing!

Advertisement