Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compatibility mode Windows 7

• 24-10-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

I have a Voip app which doesnt run in Vista so the solution is run the voip app in compatibility mode for XP and the program works fine thsi way

I may have the same issue with the same app in Win 7

Is the ability to run app in compatibility mode for XP standard with all versions of Win 7Co, I Am a home user so hoping to get home edition

The app is voipcheap.exe which a voip app from voipcheap.com, so if anyone is running voipcheap successfully on Win 7, I'd love to know
    vista-compatibility-mode.png

"Compatibility mode allows a older program written for an earlier versions of Windows to possibly run in Windows 7."

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

k123456 wrote: »
    I have a Voip app which doesnt run in Vista so the solution is run the voip app in compatibility mode for XP and the program works fine thsi way

I may have the same issue with the same app in Win 7

Is the ability to run app in compatibility mode for XP standard with all versions of Win 7Co, I Am a home user so hoping to get home edition

The app is voipcheap.exe which a voip app from voipcheap.com, so if anyone is running voipcheap successfully on Win 7, I'd love to know
    vista-compatibility-mode.png

"Compatibility mode allows a older program written for an earlier versions of Windows to possibly run in Windows 7."
    Yes, Win7 also supports compatibility mode, I do have ultimate although I'm sure home premium has it also! Its a fairly standard feature of windows!

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

There is Compatibility Mode and XP Mode.

Compatibility Mode has been in Windows for a long time. It attempts to run a program in a certain way based on what operating system you select.

XP Mode is a full virtualization solution where the XP operating system and your chosen program are running on top of and independently of Windows 7.

So to answer your question, yes VIOPCheap should work fine on Windows 7 Home Premium with Compatibility Mode set to XP.

Advertisement