Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2

• 24-10-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/hd2/overview.html

Recently caught my eye and its due out soon, im wondering can anyone give me some insight into HTC phones and the windows mobile operating system.

Im a nokia fanboy and have never used anything else, but having gotten bored of my n97 im looking for a change.I had considered waiting for the nokia X6 seen as its capacitive and looks slicker but im getting a bit bored of the symbian operating system.

Im wondering what are the main differences between the windows and android operating systems, would there be much difference between this and the hero? How customizable/modable are either system?

Have many people jumped from a nokia to htc?how do you find them in comparison?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

eireal wrote: »
    http://www.htc.com/europe/product/hd2/overview.html

Recently caught my eye and its due out soon, im wondering can anyone give me some insight into HTC phones and the windows mobile operating system.

Im a nokia fanboy and have never used anything else, but having gotten bored of my n97 im looking for a change.I had considered waiting for the nokia X6 seen as its capacitive and looks slicker but im getting a bit bored of the symbian operating system.

Im wondering what are the main differences between the windows and android operating systems, would there be much difference between this and the hero? How customizable/modable are either system?

Have many people jumped from a nokia to htc?how do you find them in comparison?

It does look like a great handset alright. You can find some further information on the handset here.

I haven't used an Android handset yet, so I can't comment, however, I've been using Windows Mobile handsets for years and they are some of the best available. There are thousands of applications available and the OS is nowhere near as restrictive as Apple's; no need for jailbreaking in order to run 3rd party apps. Window Mobile 6.5, which the HD2 runs, is a more touch-friendly OS than the previous iterations, but it still has a way to go yet; Windows Mobile 7 will no doubt address any touch issues when released.

Moving from Symbian to Windows Mobile is also something I find easy to do and I love using both OSes. I'd say my preference would be more towards Windows Mobile, mainly as there is more handset choice.

You might also want to read through the HTC Hero thread, as a lot of users are currently using that Android handset and you should be able to get a good insight into the Android OS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Windows is a bit of a dog. However, HTC put their own 'Sense UI' over it, so it should have a similar feel to the Hero (until you get below the surface).

Advertisement