Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

• 24-10-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Did anyone pick up Borderlands? I just started playing it this afternoon properly. Enjoying it so far, especially the style of it. If anyone fancies co-op later give me a shout.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Jese doesnt seem to popular on here. Can you tell me does the game level up with you as it does in mass effect or oblivion?

Like say your level 1 and you know theres an area with level 30 enemies or when your level one there level 5 and theyl constantly scale up with you?

And could you hear about a brilliant weapon in some location which is unreal or do you have to be a certain level and youl find better loot for your level?

Not sure if im making myself clear....but I HATE when a game levels up with you.

I love levelling up knowing I can go to an area and clear it out knowing a few days ago I would of got slaughtered....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Nope it doesn't level with you, so if enemies are level 5 in an area, they stay at that level.

If u play online co-op though the enemies get more difficult depending on how many people are playing and their levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I really like the game! class. I might be on for a game Notoriety, i already have you on my friends list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I really like the game! class. I might be on for a game Notoriety, i already have you on my friends list.

Cool cool, I'll be on for a bit anyway I'd say. Might take a break for an hour or so, but will be around.

On a side note, weirdly the game this most reminds me of is World of Warcraft. They even pick the same colours to show how good your weapons are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I just started playing it this afternoon, and I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Lads this game is sooooo good. Fallout 3 meets COD4. Its amazing!

It's really caught me by surprise how much I love the game. I thought I'd think it was good and it'd leep me distracted for a week, but it's one of my favourite games of the year now. I haven't even played co-op yet and apparently that's when it gets really fun.

I love those pleasant surprises. Same thing happened me with Dead Space last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

for anyone who has played this, did you laugh out loud when you heard

"yeah c'mon , check me out , I'm dancing, I'm dancing" :D

I'm enjoying this a lot, the co-op though I could take or leave though, it doesnt really add much to the game.

What's the deal with the color system for the guns?

Oh there's a zombie themed dlc for 800ms points out this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Where is this cheapest @ retail in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I actually love this game, came in last night and started playing, and was up till 6am! Got completely lost in it!

I just loved the look of it as soon as I saw it on gamespot; Post apocalyptic scanner darkly mad max shooter...

... and calex did you just say the Z word? Are u serious? I was just thinkin it needs some zombies!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

grizzly wrote: »
    Where is this cheapest @ retail in Dublin?
    Would also like to know. My friend said he got a copy of it for €40 in Game in Tallaght. Anywhere else doing good deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Would also like to know. My friend said he got a copy of it for €40 in Game in Tallaght. Anywhere else doing good deals?

I believe 40 is the RRP, that's what I paid for it in gamestop in Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Just got it in Gamestop on Henry Street for 40 quid. Can't wait to get home and play it.... Damn work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Great game, kick ass graphics. Loads of fun to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Picked this game up sat, I can sum up my thoughts of it in one word: WOOF! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

is there a demo available on live?

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    is there a demo available on live?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure there isn't actually 'cause I was looking to see if there was any free theme for it or anything.

I'm totally addicted to the game now. Finished it yesterday with one character and then started another character that I'm going to solely level with playing co-op, had some good fun with co-op last night. IT can be a bit frustrating when there's a lack of communication though, team-mates running off to all areas of the map ignoring the quests. Had great fun though when we got to a mroe confined area, the lost caves, and we were slightly too low level so it was a really tough slog. A lot of healing and respawning going on as we chipped away at the tougher enemies bit by bit.

I was thinking if anyone else is interested is creating another character that I could set up an arrangement with one or more other people that we just play through the game together exclusively doing every quest together when we all have time or something and only use that character for those games, using our other characters for single player or general multiplayer. That's assuming there's other people as addicted with me with as much free time lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well I'd be more interested in getting to level 50 on playthrough 2, tough to find games on playthrough 2 and no room for muppetry either else instant death if you wander off on your own :D

Yeah that's what was happening me last night, one guy kept wandering off across the map. You really need to have a bit of co-ordination going if you're playing co-op. It's very easy to die when that many enemies are thrown at ya. I'm going to go back to my first character and get him to Level 50, I'm just falling into my old Warcraft ways of making alts left, right and centre!

I'll be up for some more co-op later Notoriety. How long is the main quest approximately? (as you've finished it!)

• Advertisement

I'll be up for some more co-op later Notoriety. How long is the main quest approximately? (as you've finished it!)

Cool cool, I'll be on anyway with some character lol!

Not sure how long exactly main quest is, I'd guess well over 30 hours really. I did every quest though. I did plough through them though, I'd pick up a bunch at once and do a quick plot on the map to do as many as possible at the same time. I didn't really wander around much.

I played pretty much all day Saturday, most of Sunday and all day yesterday. I was level 36, almost 37 when I finished the main story, then went back and found the last couple of claptraps that needed to be rescued.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Cool cool, I'll be on anyway with some character lol!

Not sure how long exactly main quest is, I'd guess well over 30 hours really. I did every quest though. I did plough through them though, I'd pick up a bunch at once and do a quick plot on the map to do as many as possible at the same time. I didn't really wander around much.

I played pretty much all day Saturday, most of Sunday and all day yesterday. I was level 36, almost 37 when I finished the main story, then went back and found the last couple of claptraps that needed to be rescued.

You've been busy! Do you get more xp for playing your own game than you do for joining someone elses you know? seemed that way the other day

You've been busy! Do you get more xp for playing your own game than you do for joining someone elses you know? seemed that way the other day

I wasn't busy at all, that's why I could play Borderlands for almost 12 hours yesterday :P In fact I forgot that yesterday was even Tuesday, I just spent the whole day playing the freakin' game! I'll have to get me a life one of these days! I did go out Sunday night though.

In terms of XP I'd say it depends on your level and stuff. If you're roughly the same level and havent done the quests that the person whose game you've joined is handing in, you'll get the same XP I think. In fact I imagine you'd get more because you have more enemies and tougher ones to kill. Also better loot. That's what I found last night anyway when I started from scratch and the two people who joined my game were the same level as me roughly and we seemed to be levelling up pretty quickly and at the same time.

That's why I was suggesting that people might want to have a seperate character for like a boards co-op group or something earlier on. My one criticism of the game would be that you can go to getting little or no XP from lower level kills fairly quickly. Would be hard to change it without screwing up the balance of the game though. I just found at one stage even in single player I was getting hardly any XP from the creatures in one area though I still had a load of quests to do there. Take away the XP from completing the quests if you've already one then when you're playing in a co-op game and you get very little XP. I don't mind hanging arouhd with a higher level character though :P I love one-shotting creatures that I found hard to kill earlier in the game!

Nice one! On an unrelated note, did you try the co-op on Uncharted 2? must give that a bash sometime. Do you have Resistance 2?

Nice one! On an unrelated note, did you try the co-op on Uncharted 2? must give that a bash sometime. Do you have Resistance 2?

Oh no I haven't tried it yet, I played it a bit when I had the beta back in the summer, must defo give it a blast. Supposed to be great. I have Resistance 2...I think, I may have traded it in, I don't think so though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

How's the single player? Don't know if I'll be playing it online much.

• Was in Amsterdam on me holidays, only back yesterday so il be online tonight for some co-op!

Futurism wrote: »
    How's the single player? Don't know if I'll be playing it online much.

The single player is great, co-op is slightly greatererer though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Moiph wrote: »
    Lads this game is sooooo good. Fallout 3 meets COD4. Its amazing!

this is relevent to my interests

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

So foolishly I played up to lvl 29 hunter (so far) on an xbox ID I dont use primarily... I use a different one for XBL. Is there any way of transfering the achievements/progress etc from one to the other? (I think I already know the answer to this!)

Worst comes to worst I level up another class out of curiosity/necessity on my XBL ID... Is this effectively starting from scratch, or would the process of levelling up the second character have been easier after all my progress with the first character?

Advertisement