Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lads is there anyway to store guns you find that are too high a level for you to use??? I found a level 24 SMG when I was only at level 16 but had to sell it to free up some inventory slots. Such a shame to lose a powerful gun.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nope there is no storage (though one of the devs hinted they are looking into it for an update if the players want it) but you will get tons of good weapons at level 24 so no problems mate.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Nope there is no storage (though one of the devs hinted they are looking into it for an update if the players want it) but you will get tons of good weapons at level 24 so no problems mate.

Cheers nice one,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Lads is there anyway to store guns you find that are too high a level for you to use??? I found a level 24 SMG when I was only at level 16 but had to sell it to free up some inventory slots. Such a shame to lose a powerful gun.

Cheers

I just started a 2 player game, and gave the other character all of the guns I want to keep, then quit.

When you reach the level required just load up the game, transfer all the guns you want back over, quit and load up your character again and hey presto, all your guns are in your backpack.

It takes a while to do and can be annoying but is a handy way to do it

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I just started a 2 player game, and gave the other character all of the guns I want to keep, then quit.

When you reach the level required just load up the game, transfer all the guns you want back over, quit and load up your character again and hey presto, all your guns are in your backpack.

It takes a while to do and can be annoying but is a handy way to do it

You ****in sneak :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You ****in sneak :D

Also, when you get to New Haven,
    find and loot all the hidden weapon chests, keep the guns you like and want, sell the rest, save and quit, and then load up the game and repeat the process.

This way you get new guns and make a lot of money on the crap guns. I found all Alien guns doing this as well as some sweet orange guns that do a lot of damage. Its very random though so be patient

I put the spoiler in case anyone doesn't want to know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Also, when you get to New Haven,
    find and loot all the hidden weapon chests, keep the guns you like and want, sell the rest, save and quit, and then load up the game and repeat the process.

This way you get new guns and make a lot of money on the crap guns. I found all Alien guns doing this as well as some sweet orange guns that do a lot of damage. Its very random though so be patient

I put the spoiler in case anyone doesn't want to know...

additional spoiler:
    You can farm an additional 2 chests by doing the run while the quest: "Another piece of the puzzle" is active" in the basement through the door and down the elevator at the back row of buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Hey guys, I'm crap at this but loving it! Only up to level 15 thusfar.

If anyone wants to join in, i'm Zenxross on XBL so stick me on as a friend and we can have the odd blast. Beats level 50 lunatics from the stats shouting abuse at me :)

I'm not online loads but would love to get this game moving so let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wouldn't mind trying some co-op (if only to get the FC gamerscore!).
    I'm level 44 on my second playthough though. :)

I'm going to add you anway, and run around all level 15 shooting things 50 times with my crappy sniper rifle! :) oh yeah

• Advertisement

Sounds good, Ross. Let me know when you are doing the Battle for the Badlands quest (a boss battle in headstone mine) and I'll give you a hand. If you've passed that already, then the next one is in Kroms Canyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

This looks good was thinking about picking it up.
    Is it only co-op online or can you play splitscreen?

Split screen too.
    Very distracting though....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yes but for us country folk who do not
    have broadband its better than nothing!

Thanks for the information, I have been swayed.
    Will pick it up at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Picked this up for £17.95 yesterday + 99p P&P from Zavvi. :D Mega Monday deal or something. Can't wait to play it! Got Batman: Arkham Asylum too for the same price! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Okay so i have just finished my first game as a hunter solo and now i want a bit of co-op.

If anyone wants to do some private co-op as the public games seem crap and just frustrated me then please add me to steam, my steam id is no surprise Maguined.

Also did anyone else find the soldier class to be extremely boring? i played as one till level 18 and then restarted i found him so boring and had tons of fun as the hunter, so would love to do a bit of co-op as either Brick or the Siren but not sure which would be more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Maguined wrote: »
    Also did anyone else find the soldier class to be extremely boring? i played as one till level 18 and then restarted i found him so boring and had tons of fun as the hunter, so would love to do a bit of co-op as either Brick or the Siren but not sure which would be more fun.

The soldier class is great for co-op.

Maguined wrote: »
    If anyone wants to do some private co-op as the public games seem crap and just frustrated me then please add me to steam, my steam id is no surprise Maguined.

Ummm, Hi. Welcome to the xbox forum?
    Steam ID no use to anyone here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Haha didn't cop that at all just hit borderlands into the search engine, it never crossed my mind it could be on the xbox forum as well, what are you silly people soing playing an fps on a console anyway ;-)

Hi guys, little help! I'm a level 16 hunter. I played online with people above (and below) my class. I'm now stuck in single player getting murdered by level 23 raiders, and a
    giant skagzilla thing
    and I'm just getting NOWHERE. All my current quests are the previous hosts and too hard for me. How do I get back to where I was?

EVEN BETTER: ADD ME: ZenxRoss on XBL!! :)

• Advertisement

When you look at your quest list, do they say Trivial, Normal or Tough?
    Make sure you do all the quests as you come across them... its important to level up your character before you do the tougher quests. Don't skip any. If you're still stuck, you may need to do some XP grinding in areas from earlier on in the game, like Skag Gully, Sledges Safehouse, Headstone Mine and Lost Caves. I remember having to play through Headstone Mine a few times before I could beat
    Sledge

Having Fast Travel helps (its an early quest in Dahl Headlands).

Hope that helps.

Hey I haven't seen half those areas. They say either TOUGH or IMPOSSIBLE.... And they are. It's just a joke, going online ONCE has totally ballsed up my entire game, and plot, quests etc etc etc... Crap.

What's fast travel? I don't even know where to go, If I try to drive or walk anywhere something kills me, I might as well just trade it in at the moment. Maybe someone online can drag me back to earlier missions? I was on that Baha guy at the start, now I'm fighting giant things taht are 10 levels above me?

As for beating
    sledge
    one of the others online just ran off and did that, i didn't know what was going on or who it even was...

Great game, but the MP aspect has ruined my save game.

The 4 areas I've mentioned are all accessible from the first area of the game (Arid Badlands). See this map for their locations.

From the Dahl Headlands, go back to the Arid Badlands (top right exit), and go back to Fyrestone (see map above). This is where you started the game. Check the bounty board there for missions and make sure you've done them all. Hopefully that'll level you up to where you need to be.

Hey I haven't seen half those areas. They say either TOUGH or IMPOSSIBLE.... And they are. It's just a joke, going online ONCE has totally ballsed up my entire game, and plot, quests etc etc etc... Crap.

What's fast travel? I don't even know where to go, If I try to drive or walk anywhere something kills me, I might as well just trade it in at the moment. Maybe someone online can drag me back to earlier missions? I was on that Baha guy at the start, now I'm fighting giant things taht are 10 levels above me?

As for beating
    sledge
    one of the others online just ran off and did that, i didn't know what was going on or who it even was...

Great game, but the MP aspect has ruined my save game.

What missions are active for u currently? You may have totally missed some, and missed out on essential xp from half a dozen that get unlocked. Have u done all Zed/TK Baha/Fyrestone bounty board/Scooter (Catch a ride station)/Shep saunder's missions?

AFAIK quest levels are generated according to your current level, so presumably you joined someone's game who was a higher level than you, as u already know. Their level obviously set your co-op mission level.

If all else fails, befriend someone over on http://www.borderlandsforums.com/, or here on boards, and get them to give u the best guns your level will allow, such as 2/3/4x fire elemental smg's or repeaters (like "The clipper", which u shud get soon) that will burn up skags and fleshy baddies. If u were level 25 I cud give u a v good 4x fire smg that Im still usin @ lvl 50.

EDIT: Listen, it's a fantastic game and you shouln't let this ruin it for you... Start again if you're truly stuck. It sounds like you were only 10 mins in to the story mode anyway.

Thanks! I'll have to go right back, struggling to get to firestone as everything I meet kills me. The 'Impossible' tag on the missions is very true and I've lost pretty much all my money dying every 2 minutes. :\

i didn't realise the level would jack up for me on single player just cos i went online. absoulutely retarded set up.

I apreciate the help guys :) I'll get on it!

Run to one of scooter's buggy things (the steering wheel symbols on this map) - there should be one very close to every save point on that map. Pick the rocket launcher weapon. You can just run over anyone or rocket who gets in your way, so just drive as fast as you can back to Arid Badlands.

I was on: Sledge: The Mine Key – Shep Sanders

Now I'm on
    the skagzilla
    I'm on my way back to the start to talk to everyone and see what's done and what's not done now. I'm used to RPGs etc, but this just threw me for six. I spawn with 4 guys in buggies (level 26) that just follow me and kill me when I hightail it, but should be able to avoid / rocket them! :) Thanks! I realy appreciate the help!

I was on: Sledge: The Mine Key – Shep Sanders

Now I'm on
    the skagzilla
    I'm on my way back to the start to talk to everyone and see what's done and what's not done now. I'm used to RPGs etc, but this just threw me for six. I spawn with 4 guys in buggies (level 26) that just follow me and kill me when I hightail it, but should be able to avoid / rocket them! :) Thanks! I realy appreciate the help!

Ha, interesting. It sounds like you're stuck in a part of the map u shudn't be. Without giving any of the plot away; You won't be able to get back through the area just b4 the dahl headland as it's got a boss. I think u might need to do what u originally suggested, and join someone's game and get them to wait at fyrestone...

Ross should be able to move freely back to Arid Badlands. Skagzilla is just a sidequest. He just won't be able to move forward to the next hub until he meets
    Mad Mel

• Advertisement

Oh yeah sorry, I thought
    Mad Mel
    was between arid badlands and dahl headlands, apologies...

Yeah so Ross it seems you just need to jump in a buggy at Lucky's (if that's where you are) and boost it south to the transition to Arid Badlands.

Advertisement