Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

consultech wrote: »
    ... boost it south to the transition to Arid Badlands.

North East :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Thanks, yet again, for the help guys :) It's a bloody idiotic system, or I got carried away, but really it's very annoying to lose all my money and half my good weapons on the way. I'll try it tonight.

Failing that someone bail me out!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Mr E wrote: »

lol, Im on a role today.

Ok I admit it, I don't even know what Borderlands is! Any good?

HEY HEY! Thanks very much guys, I'm back at firestone, and there is about 20 missions for me to do that are 'trivial', 'normal' and a few 'hard's! :) When I started heading back the enemies went down and down in level so they are now relatively easy to fight!

I've been using a hunter but using sniper and random guns, rather than any pistols. Gonna start playing it by the book a bit more.

I really appreciate it, hopefully see you online soon and with a decent character! :)

Nice one, Ross. See you on Pandora. :)

• Advertisement

G'Luck! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Did anyone pick up the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC? I picked it up but only managed to play it for half an hour or so the other day. Been kept busy with Left 4 Dead and all the other games that I haven't gotten around to playing yet!

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Did anyone pick up the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC? I picked it up but only managed to play it for half an hour or so the other day. Been kept busy with Left 4 Dead and all the other games that I haven't gotten around to playing yet!

Not yet... Been a bit busy this week. Couldn't wait for it before it came out, but just didnt bother gettin it when it did. Im gonna level to 50 (had to start again) before I get it. Im at about 44 now...

Yeah, played it and finished it. Its not too hard at all (on playthrough 1 anyway). Haven't tried it on playthrough 2 yet, but I imagine there will be alot more zombies. Great sense of humour, and about 6-8 hours of gameplay if you do everything.

Tip: Don't bother picking up any brains until you get the quest to do so.... they won't count.

Gearbox has trademarked the name Borderworlds, suggesting that Borderlands will expand into a series - as if you ever believed otherwise.

Even Take-Two top brass Strauss Zelnick and Ben Feder referred to the RPG shooter as a "key franchise" during an earnings call last night (listened to by VG247).

The Borderworlds trademark (unearthed, as always, by superannuation) protects the name but offers no further information.

Perhaps there will be different worlds to travel to in the game, and maybe there are spaceships.

Borderlands, released in October, aimed to recreate the randomly generated replayability of Diablo in a gun-based post-apocalyptic world. The game took longer than originally planned because of a massive visual overhaul, which remains one of the defining characteristics of the game.

Rounding off the package is online cooperative support right through the campaign for four people (or two locally). You can play the game alone, but with a group of friends Borderlands is nigh-on peerless.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gearbox-trademarks-borderworlds

• Advertisement

I'd say they're trademarking every possible name for a sequel now just in case. I remember when Guitar Hero was successful they trademarked a slew of names from Guitar Villain to Drum Hero.

Woo hoo, went back and got going. Met some guy online who gave me
    an alien gun that just MURDERS people and has infinite ammo. I went back and murdered that skagzilla too
    If you get some sound people on a game it can really really be awesome. I'm getting hooked!

There's a Game with Developers event for Borderlands if anyone is up late Thursday night and fancies playing the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned with the developers.

Thanks for the heads up, nice of them to play the part you have to pay extra for eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Started on this today after deciding I needed a break from MW2. Have to say I'm addicted already! What's put me off in most RPG's I've ever given a go is that the grinding becomes very monotonous. Borderlands looks to be a genuinely fun game to play though!

There is less grinding and more shooting. The leveling up can be very laborious at times though. I've found that the entire game depends on who you meet online as you would guess really. Some people share the loot, help out keep members alive etc. Some run around screaming into their headset like an epileptic monkey at a disco...

I've had some really fun sessions on this just doing the quests with people, and having a random explore/drive shooting rockets like a nut job! :)

Zenxross add me

There is less grinding and more shooting. The leveling up can be very laborious at times though. I've found that the entire game depends on who you meet online as you would guess really. Some people share the loot, help out keep members alive etc. Some run around screaming into their headset like an epileptic monkey at a disco...

I've had some really fun sessions on this just doing the quests with people, and having a random explore/drive shooting rockets like a nut job! :)

Zenxross add me

I've never needed to grind tbh. Not sure why anyone would - unless you've got a scavenger mod with +find rare items, and go farming the chests later in the game to try get some orange weapons.

Would anyone be interested in getting a weapons trade going?

Im on 360, level 50. Some decent Orange weapons including 4x incindiary sniper and smg.

You can duplicate or "dupe" your weapons by dropping them in a game, letting your buddy pick em up, and quiting out without saving (Turn console off or quit to dashboard), thus having them again when u re-start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Would I be right in thinking that I'm not quite ready for online yet, having just started the game? I see Ross had awful problems!

AdMMM wrote: »
    Would I be right in thinking that I'm not quite ready for online yet, having just started the game? I see Ross had awful problems!

Go online. Many of my problems due to being a bit of a dumbass! And one bad player who was just out to cause issues.

You should either CREATE the game, so you control the objectives and can complete missions you need to do. Or join a custom game with people on the same level as you. You start in fyrestone, note where that is, and you will be fine.

I was a bit of a fluke and a bit of an idiot playing it. I'm actually finding it great now, no confusion just a lot of fun!

Next DLC looks like it might be online-focussed, or could be waves of enemies like the Circle of Slaughter area in the main game. The trophies (PS3 equivalent of achievements) have leaked.

Small Tournament - Completed the lesser challenge in all 3 coliseums
    Hell-Burbia - Completed the larger challenge in the Hell-Burbia coliseum
    The Angelic Ruins - Completed the larger challenge in The Angelic Ruins coliseum
    The Gully - Completed the larger challenge in The Gully coliseum
    Big Tournament - Completed each of the larger challenges in all 3 coliseums

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Next DLC looks like it might be online-focussed, or could be waves of enemies like the Circle of Slaughter area in the main game. The trophies (PS3 equivalent of achievements) have leaked.

Ugh... Sounds pretty crap to me!
    I've almost finished the first DLC now and have enjoyed it thoroughly so far (best DLC I've ever played, in fact!), so was really looking forward to another area like Jakob's Cove:(

Folks add me! Zenxross. Could use some sound people to play this with, rather than hyper 12 year old american psychos stealing my stuff :) Go on Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

The new DLC has been announced. Releasing on Dec 29th. It's an arena style dlc. There's an interview with a borderlands dev on this weeks Major Nelson podcast about it for anyone interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Forget arena style DLC, when are they going to offer some more weapons?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

More weapons? There is 17 million possible random generated weapon variations available in the game. How many more do you need? ;)

"Is there a finite number of guns? Do you have a sheet somewhere with every weapon on it?

Pitchford: Yes, but it's not a sheet (laughs). There are millions of permutations. I think the last count was like 17,750,000."

finished this game last week and IMO it was the most boring game since assassins creed 1. nice to look at but no substance, a bit like claudia schiffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

GStormcrow wrote: »
    More weapons? There is 17 million possible random generated weapon variations available in the game. How many more do you need? ;)

It would be nice if they increased the drop rate of the alien guns
    Pretty sure there are only green versions of those in the game as well, so it'd be nice to get some seriously badass level 7 rarity alien guns in the game.
    The only disappointing thing about the Zombie Island DLC is that everything I looted was a bit pants and just ended up getting sold...

I always thought the alien guns were a bit crap to be honest. Never found a good one (and I'm a level 48 hunter on second playthough).

There's a quick look at the next DLC over at Giant Bomb. Get to see some gameply, looks interesting enough.

link

• Advertisement

I always thought the alien guns were a bit crap to be honest. Never found a good one (and I'm a level 48 hunter on second playthough).

The yoke I have is only probably good for my level (24) it absolutely MANGLES anyone I shoot. About 9k critical hit on it.. and against level 20ish enemies. It also shocks and keeps doing damage for ages! There are some beauties in there people have shown me. 16k per shot alien sniper, unlimited ammo. Yeah thanks!

Advertisement