Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I be playing it offline, it's probably taking away from my overall experience of the game however i get too easily pissed off with some of the idiots online without mics running around like headless chickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Just firing this up now for an hour or two. Anyone around level 30 want to join my game for a few missions? I'm lvl 32 berserker. Feel free to drop me a friend invite: The Divil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Just bought this for myself and its going under the tree. looking forward to a bit of xmas carnage! I love being a sniper type, is it advisable to play the game as one type or can you switch around?

is it really a kind of "fallout 3 + online multiplayer"? cos if it is thats right up my street.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its quite different for each class (whole different strategies needed), and there are completely different skill trees for each. Its basically Diablo 3D + Online Multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just bought this for myself and its going under the tree. looking forward to a bit of xmas carnage! I love being a sniper type, is it advisable to play the game as one type or can you switch around?

I would advise trying out each class until around level 10 and work out which one you enjoy playing as the most. I guess if you like playing as a sniper, then the hunter is the obvious choice...
    Give the Siren a go though - once you get used to using her action skill you'll be hooked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I'm at level 25 soldier and stuck at copper mines east (not sure of name)
    Can't seem to get past the three turrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I find sniping the handiest way to take out turrets. Get behind a rock, line up your shot, strafe out, shoot and go straight back behind rock. You wont get hit and your shot will be perfectly lined up to shoot again. Rinse and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Those turrets are a pain. Best bet is online. I found shock weapons very good for lowering the shield then just plain bullets to take it out. I'm a sniper anyways so cover + patience is the way.

Get online, use someone to draw their fire and another to get in there and blast them!

Zenxross stick us an add.

Nice one for the tips ,I've a tendency to gun-ho a lot in these games.

Cheers.

Zenxross add me, I'm around that part and looking for someone sound to start getting some good gear together. Ideally looking to have fun playing it though! Some right weridos lurkin on Pandora

• Advertisement

Zenxross add me, I'm around that part and looking for someone sound to start getting some good gear together. Ideally looking to have fun playing it though! Some right weridos lurkin on Pandora

I'll add as soon as I get gaming again ,up to my t1ts in wrappin paper at the mo and work tomorrow:(
    Happy crimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot is up on the Marketplace now, just downloaded it myself. You really need to do it co-op so ye can heal each other, makes it a lot easier, or moer importantly, less frustrating!

Sweet, gonna get the add ons once i finish it I think. There are some real d bags on the servers, you meet the odd sound irish person though and it is a LOT of fun with them.

Up to me proverbials in Assassins Creed II at the moment! :) Falling off every roof, alerting every guard, and generally ballsing up the game! It's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Hey, I just got this game the other day. I'm around level 7 or 8, add me if you wanna play co-op sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finally hit level 50 last night. Game clock is showing 2 days, 17 hours. :D

Anyone pick up Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot yet? Is it worth getting?
    I hear its bloody hard for a solo player, and the save structure is very unforgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I got Ned's Island DLC. It's ok, but doesn't really offer anything very different it gameplay terms. I think I'll give the other DLC a miss as I've had trouble getting a connection with a friend through gamespy. Can't be arsed playing with randoms (hear it can be annoying waiting for every swapping weapons).

I got bored of it aftr level 28... Tragedy i know, just can't bear to play with those idiots online... No mic = idiot.

No offence meant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I got bored of it aftr level 28... Tragedy i know, just can't bear to play with those idiots online... No mic = idiot.

No offence meant :P

I can't use a mic a lot of time as it keeps girlfriend awake (90% of my gaming is after she's asleep).

grizzly wrote: »
    I can't use a mic a lot of time as it keeps girlfriend awake (90% of my gaming is after she's asleep).

You should buy one of those throat mics... most likely expensive, but they'll do the trick :P

Mr E wrote: »
    Finally hit level 50 last night. Game clock is showing 2 days, 17 hours. :D

Anyone pick up Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot yet? Is it worth getting?
    I hear its bloody hard for a solo player, and the save structure is very unforgiving.

I picked up the Underdome and had a quick go solo, you definitely need more than one player I think for revivals and the like, I imagine it's almost impossible single player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

anyone still playing? i got it the other day, currently level 23... if anyone is up for a game add me

gt: korvanica

There's new DLC out soon so I may well be on again soon. Depends if I'm still playing catch-up with the stack of games I've gotten recently or not! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Sigard

Currently have a level 49 soldier, working my way through co-op with berzerker (partner using siren). I'm enjoying this game far too much! Downloaded the Zombie Island add-on, it wasn't bad, but the amount of walking around was annoying. Haven't tried Mad Moxxi yet as I've heard it can delete peoples class mods and shields.

GiantBomb had a good video preview of the next dlc pack recently. looks fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I was totally disillusioned with the online mode. Joined a few games, got challenged by a few people, and got annihilated with one shot. Whats the new DLC entail, new story content?

consultech wrote: »
    I was totally disillusioned with the online mode. Joined a few games, got challenged by a few people, and got annihilated with one shot. Whats the new DLC entail, new story content?

Also increases the level cap, adds a new tier of weapon rariety. There's a few other things too I can't remember exactly, haven't been following it that closely.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Also increases the level cap, adds a new tier of weapon rariety. There's a few other things too I can't remember exactly, haven't been following it that closely.

Ooh interesting. Will deffo appeal to me so. I thought a lot of the strenghts of the game was in single-player/co-op story tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just after quickly sifting through this thread and I think I'll pick this game up. I like the look of it form a few vids I watched. Currently looking online for it and I see amazon have it for €28 delivered, can't go wrong I think. Seems to have a Fallout vibe to it but alot more shooting.

Just after quickly sifting through this thread and I think I'll pick this game up. I like the look of it form a few vids I watched. Currently looking online for it and I see amazon have it for €28 delivered, can't go wrong I think. Seems to have a Fallout vibe to it but alot more shooting.

It's a no-brainer. Make sure you inform your commitments that they're going on hold though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well Captain, I just picked this up, haven't played it yet, flicked through this thread and was kinda put off with all the talk of having to play co-op and needing a high level character, I thought who'd play with a level 0 like me!!!

Anyways, since you might be starting this too, add me if you're up for some co-op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'll keep you in mind, I just ordered it about 20mins ago. Should have it by Friday with a bit of luck. I was a bit concerned myself starting this game now with the online aspect and the game being released back about last October.

Most people seem to be saying that you can get to around level 30 in 1 single player run through the game, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Advertisement