Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'd say it's probably best to play through it first in single player to get to the mid 30s before you play any co-op. It's strange on co-op, the higher the level of the people you're playing with, the quicker you'll uprank your character as you'll get a lot of XP from their kills.

Unless of course you want to level quickly, then go ahead. The level 50s I've played with seem to be playing just for the love of the game, and they've no problems with newbies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I played it through twice in single player. You'll get to about 37 by the end of the first...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Daaamn The Secret Armoury of General Knox is out tomorrow.

MAG has a stranglehold on me at the moment and Heavy Rain is out on Friday, I need a 10 day week to get through all these games.

Still a nice problem to have though!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Daaamn indeed! Looks like I'm heading back to Pandora.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Myself and two friends finished the first playthrough of this around Christmas time and we left it for a while before downloading the Zombie Island and Mad Moxie dlc last week. Zombie Island is more of the same, missions and killing zombies. Good fun and some funny bits but the zombies are a little underpowered for my liking.
    Mad Moxie is great fun with a few friends. You start with three arenas you have to clear and each arena has five rounds with five different waves of enemies per round. Moxie shouts out a handicap at the start of every wave (lose health steadily over time, no shields, stronger enemies, etc) and you can't leave the arena or save it part way through. It took us about 45mins-1 hour to complete each arena. They were pretty intense and great fun. Now we are able to enter the bigger arenas each of which has 20 rounds of 5 waves! I reckon it'll take about three hours to complete each arena.
    I'm currently running through playthrough 2 to try and get better shields and weapons before trying that one! :)
    Looking forward to trying the new dlc though, looks good.
    It's a great game and I recommend it to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The new DLC is out tomorrow too, I'm going to have to stock up on points to get all these.

The new DLC is out tomorrow too, I'm going to have to stock up on points to get all these.

Out today, actually. Mentioned a few posts before this one.

Huzzah! Back to Pandora I go, during a coincidental week off from work. It's fate I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Looks like the new dlc is delayed until tomorrow.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/borderlands-knoxx-dlc-out-today-on-360
    Update: Xbox 360 owners will have to wait until tomorrow to play Borderlands add-on The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.
    "So looks like the new Borderlands DLC will be hitting tomorrow after all," Tweeted XBL community leader Graeme Boyd, pointing to the GeneralKnoXX Twitter feed.
    The PC and PS3 release on Thursday is unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Apparently the new DLC is there now.

Source: X360a.org
    [Update 2:] Reports are coming in from Twitter that it's up now. Reports say that it's available on the Xbox.com dash and via the DLC menu in-game. Gogogo.

You heard the man! Gogogo

• Advertisement

Its not on the dash, but it is available within the game as DLC. I don't fancy tying up my xbox for the night downloading it (has to be done from inside the game and can't be done in the background), so I'll kick it off before I go to bed.

1.6gb too.... ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It can be done from xbox.com aswell as far as I know.

Yep, so it is.

Not on the main Borderlands page, but if you go to Game Add-ons and find Borderlands
    that way, you can buy and queue it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Korvanica wrote: »
    how much is it?

800 points. I'm at 34% at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Darn you primarily 360 gamers getting General Knoxx two days before us PC gamers *shakes fist*

Makes me wish my 360 wasn't as bricked as it is...

Holy crap, that Vulcana chick kicked my ass sideways (5 minutes in!) .... its gonna be a tough one, kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

800 points. I'm at 34% at the moment!

Aw, ive 710... thats really annoying!!!! Il wait until ive finished the main story anyways.. no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

May folks from the forums playing much? Pain in the ass trying to get a decent game with some fun folks,

Im gettin back into it tonight: General Knoxx is at 95% downloaded as we speak! Level 50 hunter, daycent gear too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Damn it I do want to pick up the Knox DLC but MAG has consumed me, picked up the God of War Collection and Heavy Rain on Friday means it's unlikely I'll be playing it any time soon. Tempted to clone myself so my clone can play Borderlands for a bit.

Gen Knoxx... is fairly tough so far! Bit confusin mapwise too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Damn it I do want to pick up the Knox DLC but MAG has consumed me, picked up the God of War Collection and Heavy Rain on Friday means it's unlikely I'll be playing it any time soon. Tempted to clone myself so my clone can play Borderlands for a bit.

Don't, he'll turn on you and decide he's the real NotorietyH. Clones are bad news. I

Downloaded Secret Armoury the other day, gotta get back to Borderlands. I haven't played it since ME2 came out!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

for anyone who hasnt played borderlands yet i would highly recommend it. it is one of my favourite xbox games and i recently seen the game of the year edition with all dlc for 20euro in gamestop. a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

da gamer wrote: »
    for anyone who hasnt played borderlands yet i would highly recommend it. it is one of my favourite xbox games and i recently seen the game of the year edition with all dlc for 20euro in gamestop. a bargain

i got borderlands and i kinda hate it, it pisses me of how much ammo i use and barely make a dent in the enemies health. i find it really hard and didn't get far before i stopped playing it. it looks intresting and good but its annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

vlad2009 wrote: »
    i got borderlands and i kinda hate it, it pisses me of how much ammo i use and barely make a dent in the enemies health. i find it really hard and didn't get far before i stopped playing it. it looks intresting and good but its annoying.

everyone to their own i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

da gamer wrote: »
    if its a used copy be careful as all goty edition in this is dlc codes. i know i have it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You start off with fairly crap guns which barely do any damage, but once you start getting some elemental weapons together and learning which enemies each element works best against, you'll soon find yourself carving through anything that stands in your path...
    If you're stuck, just grind a bit until you level up rather than doing quests that are too hard for you

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

It sounds like you're taking on baddies who are a higher level than you. The game nerfs you big time if you try taking them on, you just have to level up with some same or lower level enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I know I got a bit lost near the start, and decided that my next mission was in a base I got to, which I could not come close to beating not matter how many times I tried. Put it away for a few weeks, came back and realised, "oh, I should have been going over here for that mission...". Queue breezing through a few missions (as I'd grinded levels a bit trying to beat the place I was stuck at), and eventually (a few hours later) getting back to that spot and beating it without major problems.
    If I hadn't realised I was in the wrong place though (taking on enemies much to high for me) I would have done the same thing.

Advertisement