Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Research project

Options
  • 24-10-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Don't find it hard at all, know exactly what I want to do and will be finished by the end of the midterm but how specific does it have to be and is there anywhere on the internet I can find the layout of it?

Also don't you have to do a review at the end? But there isnt a space allocated for this I don't think, do you just write ''Review:'' in yourself and then talk about the difficulties faced and stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Don't find it hard at all, know exactly what I want to do and will be finished by the end of the midterm but how specific does it have to be and is there anywhere on the internet I can find the layout of it?

Also don't you have to do a review at the end? But there isnt a space allocated for this I don't think, do you just write ''Review:'' in yourself and then talk about the difficulties faced and stuff?
    Just buy shortcuts to success, has the layout in detail. Yup, there's no space for the review you just write "review of the research process". The review's part of the 1500 total in case you didn't know:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

and im doing mine on a person-how specific would i have to be?

can i mention where she was born/the year, her early life stuff like that? my topic title has a pretty narrow focus, her killing but can i go into her backstory?

are there any more headings than this?
    TITLE
    OUTLINE PLAN- What do I say here?
    EVALUATION OF SOURCES-presumably I mention the sources I used and then refer if they were secondary or primary?
    MAIN BODY-the big essay
    REVIEW OF RESEARCH PROCESS-difficulties encountered, what else?

and im doing mine on a person-how specific would i have to be?

can i mention where she was born/the year, her early life stuff like that? my topic title has a pretty narrow focus, her killing but can i go into her backstory?

are there any more headings than this?
    TITLE
    OUTLINE PLAN- What do I say here?
    EVALUATION OF SOURCES-presumably I mention the sources I used and then refer if they were secondary or primary?
    MAIN BODY-the big essay
    REVIEW OF RESEARCH PROCESS-difficulties encountered, what else?
    Should be as specific as possible. Well, if your doing something about a person, I wouldn't give the background to the person(age etc) but give it on how he/she got to that situation. I think that makes sense?

In the outline plan there's three separate subtitles. 1.Define: You basically say what your projects about and why is it of historic significance. 2.Aims: What you hope to find out by carrying out your research project. Your essay should basically revolve around satisfying these aims. 3.Intended approach: How you intend to research your project(library, documentary etc) I'll back to you on the rest, must run:o

does anyone know how to cite a video from the internet? the video is a speach from a member of the group im doing my study on

does anyone know how to cite a video from the internet? the video is a speach from a member of the group im doing my study on
    I'm guessing this is for the outline plan? The exact web address, date it was uploaded, creater of the vid/site. Is that ok?

• Advertisement

legend

Advertisement