Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karting on the ORR

• 24-10-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Passing today spotted a new Karting place at the six cross roads roundabout.. where the car sales place used to be

is it open? anyone any info on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Passing today spotted a new Karting place at the six cross roads roundabout.. where the car sales place used to be

I saw it myself, it looks like the track goes from outdoor to indoor which is pretty cool.

I didn't hear anything so I doubt its open yet, I'm not a fan of karting though TBH, mainly because i'm useless at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Typhoon. wrote: »

no i don't think its open yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

It's been there a couple of weeks now, and I have seen people Karting there??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Boards Beers followed by Go Karting? or vice versa. If that's how you roll.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Why actually don't we ever have a waterford beers? I'll hand it to the owner its a brave idea for a new venture in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

cool. Sounds like fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »

I'd go for that. Probably better to do the karting before the beers though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Is the place still open. I cycled passed this morning and saw a big for sale sign on the side of it. Now they might just not have taken it down since they set up.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'd go for that. Probably better to do the karting before the beers though!
    I for one would def be on for the beers part. Provided it wasn't in geoffs :) maybe they where going to set up but it fell through before they could open. If it was sold i'd bet my right out the agents would have a sale agreed sign up faster then superman doing laundry.

ziedth wrote: »
    I for one would def be on for the beers part. Provided it wasn't in geoffs :) maybe they where going to set up but it fell through before they could open.

Aw it's all been organised for Geoff's already, sorry. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I saw carts going here 2 times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Me and a friend went out for a gander last week it was open and its open 7 days!!!
    KMS Karting its called. No website just 2 phone nums on the gate
    Looks deadly too it goes under the building and back out. Bout time one opened up karting is great craic!

Clano wrote: »
    Me and a friend went out for a gander last week it was open and its open 7 days!!!
    Looks deadly too it goes under the building and back out. Bout time one opened up karting is great craic!

Which gate do you use? I went for a quick look the other morning but didn't see any sign for it on a gate?

its hard to get into alrite!
    you have to drive straight past 1st entrance and on down the road past the bathroom place and you come to a small cross roads, its there you take a right and its a cul de sac and karting is at the end.
    (its basically driving around the whole perimiter or the complex):)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

This was in New Ross and has moved to waterford , its all the old carts that Kiltorcan had , so should be pretty good

its hard to get into alrite!
    you have to drive straight past 1st entrance and on down the road past the bathroom place and you come to a small cross roads, its there you take a right and its a cul de sac and karting is at the end.
    (its basically driving around the whole perimiter or the complex):)

Right, cool. Must take a look.
    Joe Gt wrote: »
    This was in New Ross and has moved to waterford , its all the old carts that Kiltorcan had , so should be pretty good

That's good to hear. They're decent karts at least. Why did it move from New Ross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

It's great that there's Karting back in Waterford, but what kind of businessman starts something like this up and doesn't bother to tell anyone about it? There's a recession...he can't afford to rely on word of mouth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Got a number?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jimmy2180

Hi dropped out there today. Number is 087 9538418.

There was a fellow from Ormonde out there so asked him about it. He says from what he see's they only open on the weekends though the sign says 7 days a week and it costs around 30 Euro.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

gscully wrote: »
    It's great that there's Karting back in Waterford, but what kind of businessman starts something like this up and doesn't bother to tell anyone about it? There's a recession...he can't afford to rely on word of mouth.
    It will be closed down in a few months if this continues, if it even lasts that long

Not advertising a new business in this climate is poor stupidity, not just someone being a bad businessman

• Advertisement

yer right about the advertising surely being the only karting company in waterford he would clean up.
    There was 2 numbers on the door i must have got the other one to jimmy2180. i got 0868849029

Anyone going to try it?
    Id be interested to see how they get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

If it is the same crowd as the one in New Ross it will be closed more times than it is open. From what I heard the owners only seem to open it when they feel like it and €30 for that it pricey. I'd prefer to give the lads in Kiltorcan the €50 they charge and know I'll get a decent maintained Kart as well as a track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Why actually don't we ever have a waterford beers?

We did once upon a time a long long time ago. I think the last was about 3years ago at this stage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

trishw78 wrote: »
    We did once upon a time a long long time ago. I think the last was about 3years ago at this stage.

Was it really that long ago? I remember our last one, didn't think it was that long ago. Was a fun nite. One being organised now anyway, karting included, so join us! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Why actually don't we ever have a waterford beers?
    Didint oldyella used to organise them

Advertisement