Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Predictions

Options
  • 24-10-2009 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

What do you think will come up?

For the Irish(De Valera, Cumann na Ngael, 1916 rising), European(Bismarck, world war) and other european(hitler, mussolini)

My predictions?
    Have no idea for Irish, perhaps the steps towrds the rising:confused:

european? well definetly propaganda wont be coming up, church state relations in mussolinis italy and hitlers germany maby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Obviously everyone will try and guess what it coming up but take it from me, predictions are so not the way to go when it comes to history. Try to study as much as you can.

You really can't rule anything out and concentrating specifically on one topic and failing to give enough attention to the others is not good! Last year we were all nearly convinced Sinn Fein in 1918 would be making an appearance but they were nowhere to be seen.

And I know it's unlikely to come up AGAIN but I still would have some idea of propaganda...! You never know what spin they might take on a question to do with dictators, it's possible propaganda could be incorporated into a question somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Look up last years thread about what came up last year. Dozens of pages of people just complaining about predicted stuff not coming up. Don't predict for history, doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Trying to predict History is a big no-no OP, it doesn't work.

Just make sure you know your case studies very well and have a general understanding of everything. Maybe if you want to narrow it down focus less on what came up last year, but don't rule anything out.

(We were all banking on Church State relations last year too, oh the looks on everyone's faces when they read the essay titles were priceless!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭NightOwl91

Do you think I would be ok if I left Stalin out? Hate him lol:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sure I still know nothing about him :pac:

Except he had one arm shorter than the other and used to dress as a woman to deliver messages!

If you leave Stalin out, you'll have to know your other dictators inside and out. Know a bit about him. Go over the show trials at least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement