Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evidence of onward travel in Brazil

• 24-10-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Travelling in South America very soon. Flying into Rio and out of Santiago. I was told that I needed evidence of onward travel in Brazil i.e. that I would be leaving the country......they may check this at departure city (London)?
    Just wondering has anyone come across this and what evidence of onward travel they used?
    Apparently it has to be evidence of leaving Brazil itself??

Cheers

Gafferino

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Brazilan immigration won't care and are very unlikely to check anything. The only problem may be with the airline as they have to cover the costs of flying you home in the unlikely event that you are refused entry. Best thing to do is ring up who you are flying with and ask them if they check for proof of onward travel. Most of the time you'll be grand but it does happen. I had to buy flights on 2 occasions that i had no intention of using just to use as proof. One was for Mexico and the other for Panama.

If you have a RTW ticket just keep refering to your flight out of Santiago if there's any problems.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

BAck in the daz (c.2007) we used buz flights with LAN as they did a total refund within 24 hours. Onlz place I was ever asked was Costa Rica and they accepted my flight from Chile to Australia that was 6 months later. They really just want to know youre not going to set up camp and raise a family. Show them anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

dory wrote: »
    BAck in the daz (c.2007) we used buz flights with LAN as they did a total refund within 24 hours. Onlz place I was ever asked was Costa Rica and they accepted my flight from Chile to Australia that was 6 months later. They really just want to know youre not going to set up camp and raise a family. Show them anything.

That will work for immigration officials. But not for the airline. They will want proof of onward travel as per official immigration policy for whatever country is in question. A policy that isn't usually enforced by the actual country. Well that's from my experience and from other people i met. I've wasted over 300 euro on having to buy flights at the counter. The whole checking thing seems to be sporadic though. I'd say 8 times outta 10 you'd be fine.

Advertisement