Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there anywhere where people play with radio control boats in ireland ?

• 24-10-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

i have a lot of rc boats and i modify and customise them

is there anywhere where people get together to have fun and show them off

preferably in dublin

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Silver Breeze

If you have RC sailing boats, go to Howth Yacht Club on Sunday afternoons
    or to the National Yacht Club where they race RC Lasers also Sunday afternoons.

Some years ago, RC powerboats (including a submarine) gathered at the pond in UCD on Sat or Sun afternoons. Perhaps they still do?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Got this off google

IRISH MODEL BOAT CLUB
    Interests: Scale, Fast Electrics.
    Venue: Herbert Park, Balls Bridge, Dublin 4.- 2.1/4 miles south of G.P.O. on the main road to Dun-Laoghaire. The park is situated between the American Embassy and the Bridge. There is car parking outside the park and there are toilets available.
    Saturday afternoon from 1400hrs. to 1700hrs. all year and in summer on Wednesdays at 1800hrs. until 2000hrs. as well.

Give him a ring to see if info is current?

Any chance of posting a few pics of your boats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

If you have RC sailing boats, go to Howth Yacht Club on Sunday afternoons
    or to the National Yacht Club where they race RC Lasers also Sunday afternoons.

Some years ago, RC powerboats (including a submarine) gathered at the pond in UCD on Sat or Sun afternoons. Perhaps they still do?
    Yup HYC still has a pretty strong 1M class going, jeez that brings back memories. I built a mandarin back in the day when it originally kicked off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

I got some boats that i modded a lot with brushless and lipo and other stuff.

They go like the clappers, i go for speed not looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

seen a couple of guys in Herbert park (Donnybrook) - last year...they said they meet every sat or every second saturday ...I cant remember - but if you are around the area take a walk down at the weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement