Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to send a postcard to Russia?

Options
  • 24-10-2009 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I have no idea where this thread would belong so if you know where I can get an answer then feel free to direct me.

Basically, I have a pen pal in Russia and have purchased some postcards to send to her, but I'm unsure about the requirements before sending. What kind of stamps do I need, how many etc. I'm so used to E-mail and the likes, don't think I've ever sent a postcard in my life! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I think the best place to ask would be in a post office. It might seem unusual but they usually know how much it is to send stuff, also I believe they sell stamps. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Make sure the stamps you put in the card are in Russian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I have no idea where this thread would belong so if you know where I can get an answer then feel free to direct me.

Basically, I have a pen pal in Russia and have purchased some postcards to send to her, but I'm unsure about the requirements before sending. What kind of stamps do I need, how many etc. I'm so used to E-mail and the likes, don't think I've ever sent a postcard in my life! :o

:eek: The perils of the electronic age.

I think a standard overseas stamp should do it. Costs around 72c or something. Just ask in the Post Office anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

A step by step guide to the ancient art of sending a postcard. Tariffs included.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/Sending+Mail/Standard/StandardPost.htm

Can Russian postmen read addresses written in Western script? Would you need to write the address in Cyrillic, with RUSSIA in Western script?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

In Soviet Russia, postcard sends you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

this thread isn't some sort od eloboarate prank is it? you really don't know how to send a postcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

If you're writing the address in western script, you might be able to find a Russian locally who'll also put the Cyrillic address on it. Slightly off topic but talking about modern changes I watched a programme on TV recently where they had to instruct a couple of teenagers how to use a public telephone, what we took for granted up to relatively recently now seems to be a lost art.:)

Advertisement