Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA A+ Essentials

Options
  • 24-10-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

any one do this with fas..any advice..?

is it worhtwhile.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Hi Koopy,check out the IT Cert forum for threads like this, your question is very vague!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

hi, i was wondering if anyone would have any info on this and the next course, comptia a+ IT technician course. im looking to try get into these courses. im liven in co tipperary. i cant seem to find a place that are doing these courses close to where im liven . any info is greatlt appreciated. johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I did it with a private company partly funded by Fas. If you're already into computers and are a bit of a nerd like me then it's quite basic but there are definitely things to learn.

It's generally well recognised by employers for 1st level computer and printer support so it's a great way to start a career in IT. Anyone in IT(probably every job ever) will tell you it's all about on the job learning but this is a great course to get your foor in the door.

learn about changing all the hardware in a PC. Installing an operation system. Troubleshooting. professional conduct. Basic networking and lots of useful things. I think you have to do 2 exams IT essentials and 1 other, most people do the IT technician one cos it's the most useful all round.

Hi john several places in Limerick that you can do the course, if you are willing to make the trip in!

HSI I would highly recommend.

You could also self study, get the books and video tutorials, what this will come down too is you putting in the work needed to pass the 2 exams.

If you are just starting out then maybe the course is the best option, if you have some expierence then self study will save you some money, once you dont get lazy(like I tend too)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

If you want some study aids just PM me your email. They are a couple of years old so not sure if they have changed the exam much but they may be VERY useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

thank you for your replys. i was thinking about doing the fas online training for the a+ essential course, thats if i cant find a course close to me and after i have that completed , go do a course for the comptia a+ IT technician . has anyone done the online fas course ??? im guessing the a+ essential wont be too complicated ??

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

thinking of online as well.. a bit worried cause it will be the first course i would have done with an instructor.

I had a look over the material when I worked in Dell I found it very tedious, I really would get a book or video tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

I'm thinking about doing the CompTIA A+ course (Essentials) around Co. Kildare. I found some info about that courses on website www.pitman-training.ie (f.e. in Naas), but the prices are too high. Can You tell me about another places which knows You except FAS (i dont want learn via online - no good for me). Thanks for your help.

Advertisement