Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Texaco on N4, Lucan

• 24-10-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭

Spend €20 in petrol/diesel and you get anything from free pint of milk, snickers, can of coke and other stuff.

Spend €30 and you get a plain sandwich with coffee/tea.

Spend €60 and you get two get snickers, one can of coke and so on . .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

And they've ramped up the price of petrol by 5c to pay for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cast_iron wrote: »

To be fair petrol has risen across the board the past two weeks and again this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Maybe they are just first to put it up. It's still 113.9 (5c cheaper) on the quays in city centre though. No increase at all there recently. That's my bargain alert contribution:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Diesel is 7c a litre cheaper in Tesco Maynooth down the road.
    On a 50litre fill- thats EUR3.50 - and you get clubcard points too.....

I think I'd rather the 3.50 in my pocket than 2 snickers and a can of coke......

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭friday1

Price is definetly higher because of this gimmick. I always go down to Esso just off the ring road near grange castle and there is always a 5c differnce with Texaco.

Oh and don't be surprised if they have ran out of the product you wanted and you end up with a Tin of Beans......and all you wanted was cheap fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

+1

Shame, that used to be one of the cheapest petrol stations in Dublin. Without even thinking, you could fill up there knowing you were doing okay. AFAIK the management (not the ownership, I don't think) has changed twice in the past ~7 years. First change saw the end of the decent fuel prices, suddenly among the most expensive around. Latest change saw the madness that is now the shop, complete with Persian rugs and ethnic clothing.

Another vote here for Esso at Grange Castle for fuel pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Dayo93

milltown wrote: »
    +1

Shame, that used to be one of the cheapest petrol stations in Dublin. Without even thinking, you could fill up there knowing you were doing okay. AFAIK the management (not the ownership, I don't think) has changed twice in the past ~7 years. First change saw the end of the decent fuel prices, suddenly among the most expensive around. Latest change saw the madness that is now the shop, complete with Persian rugs and ethnic clothing.

Another vote here for Esso at Grange Castle for fuel pricing.

Agreed I would personly rather the money off my juice than there Fatty food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

cast_iron wrote: »

+1 and the customer service I find is poor too. I avoid the place like the plague and I drive by it at least once a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Biggest scam ever. Just left the station and you need a voucher to get discount which are kept behind the till so you have to buy your fuel then come back next time. I certainly won't be coming back.
    Never heard anything like it

Advertisement