Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

have forza 2. is it worth buying 3?

• 24-10-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

ok so I have forza 2 and was thinking about buying 3. Is it worth buyin it considering I have 2 already? Tis a lot of money to part with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Depends what edition you're looking for. The collector's edition is pricey alright but you also get a fair amount of privileges like VIP access in the auction house and more cars (2 packs).

For me, it was definitely worth it but then again, I'm a racing enthusiast so I very much like the minor physics improvements over 2. Graphically, 3 slaps 2 right in the face there, the difference is quite notable there.

Thing is though, if you're not big into racing games, I'm not sure if its worth getting 3 now. Its still a brilliant sim but it might be better to wait for the price to drop just.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How much is the C.E? I have forza 1 & 2 and they are one of my favourite racing games and would like to get 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

How much is the C.E? I have forza 1 & 2 and they are one of my favourite racing games and would like to get 3

the cheapest i've seen it was €55 in smyths, thats where i got mine

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

OP... I wouldnt buy it just yet from what you are saying. Its not a huge jump forward from 2 that it becomes a "must have day 1" purchase. Wait for the price to drop or buy it second hand... its a great game, no doubt, but not a huge change from 2 unless you are a sim driver.

DeV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Was just about to post that this is a nice leap forward from F2, and I had to have it on Day one :/

Its nice, but if you're low on funds definitely hang on for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I do think its a great game.... it just doesnt feel like that much of a leap forward... I think they should have upgraded every part of it, but you still have the player xp level and the car level and the car manufacturers gifts when the car levels up and the same paint system and many of the same tracks and and and... its a great game, no doubt. I had to have it day 1, buuut.... its FM2 with a new skin really...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

mailrewop wrote: »
    the cheapest i've seen it was €55 in smyths, thats where i got mine

It's €39.99 in Tescos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

kwalshe wrote: »
    It's €39.99 in Tescos

i was referring to the limited edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

DeVore wrote: »
    I do think its a great game.... it just doesnt feel like that much of a leap forward... I think they should have upgraded every part of it, but you still have the player xp level and the car level and the car manufacturers gifts when the car levels up and the same paint system and many of the same tracks and and and... its a great game, no doubt. I had to have it day 1, buuut.... its FM2 with a new skin really...

DeV.

Bingo

I am playing this with all aids off, in manual on medium and it "plays" pretty much identically to 2.

Graphically it is better. I like the tracks a little more in 3 I think but then I run out of advantages over 2

There is very little I don't like about 2 yet 3 has quite a few annoying features

The race intro is too sudden, control of the car is given with about 1 second to go before each race
    There is now in race music, sure it can be turned off but who is that aimed at, certainly not fans of the series
    I am playing manual now and if anyone knows can the tiny little rev clock and speedo be moved into the center of the screen, please let me know. Really really annoying having to divert your eyes for it
    You cant qualify; and grid position is based on driver skill now instead of the level and PI of the car. A bit stupid really in a racing sim
    When a car is awarded you cant see its stats anymore, you have to go all the way back to the garage for it and with the load times (oh the load times) its a pain in the hole
    The season thing is a joke. Say you come second in a race, you don't want to restart because you want to collect the Xp. So you continue, this will bring you the next race and you cannot go back and re race the previous race to get the gold trophy. You have to leave the season mode and go to event select mode. Completely ruins all sense of fluidity in the season section, poorly implemented

I am struggling to understand the review of this game tbh, its like 2 never happened or they have never played it.

As DeV says 3 is a great game but its more a stroked 2 than a through 3 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

think I'll stick with 2 for the moment then so cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

emurphy wrote: »
    think I'll stick with 2 for the moment then so cheers lads.

CAsh is tight, I was debating whether or not to get 3, then my wife picked up the 39.99 version and it's totally, 100% worth it. All this "2.5" is unwarranted I think , the scope and volume of content is far greater than that. The cars are a lot more detailed, it's just not as obvious at first glance, the tweaks in the physics are a real improvement as well. The new tracks are glorious, I spent an hour driving around the fujimi kaido track in my little green MX5.

While the LCE content is nice, it's not worth the premium, as all the cars are featured in the game anyways, with other paint schemes, and they'll release then as DLC eventually.

Advertisement