Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have we many Exbal users?

Options
  • 24-10-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what PDA ye run it on? Excuse me if it's a dumb question as I'm not good with technology as a general rule :D I was considering using a palm tungsten pda yoke.

I'd prefer something inexpensive, just needs to work the programme, doesn't need to cook me dinner or tuck me into the leaba at night ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

excuse my ignorance john
    but wot the feck is a PDA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fourtycoats

I use a Russian program which was available free to run on any Symbian level 6 phones such as the Nokia N series. It is basic but does the job and has a nice feature showing you the scope cross hair holding point for the conditions you enter. Here is the link to the download.

http://strelok.borisov.mobi/Strelok_215beta.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

John I'm using a Compaq 3850 IPAQ running Pocket PC and It runs OK. I don't use it much at the moment but it looks to run good on it.

PM coming your way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

for targets or field work ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Cheers Clive, PM inbound momentarily :)

Well, A bit of both really JW. The target work will be more plinking than anything, see how far out I can stretch the .223 as it is, then go from there if I want to get work done on it. I'll use it for field work only in conditions suitable for longer range shooting. In reality I want to get more use out of the equipment I've invested in, guesstimating only brings a person so far.

• Advertisement

endasmail wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance john
    but wot the feck is a PDA?

Errrmmmm....

Well....

It's sorta like a simple computer that fits in your hand...

Kinda....

A bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

johngalway wrote: »
    Cheers Clive, PM inbound momentarily :)

Well, A bit of both really JW. The target work will be more plinking than anything, see how far out I can stretch the .223 as it is, then go from there if I want to get work done on it. I'll use it for field work only in conditions suitable for longer range shooting. In reality I want to get more use out of the equipment I've invested in, guesstimating only brings a person so far.

when i hear of lads using clicks to shoot deer ,it turns me off them.

i know my gear, i know me ,i know wind , i know bullet drop , i dont know what deer is going to do in the next second.
    ie. KISS. keep it simple stupid

Not got a deer rifle as yet JW, the way things are it's going to be a long way off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

John you have mail :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

too much technology ruins the expierience in my opinion,the whole idea is "hunt" shooting ot long distances should be kept to range, all these gizmos and gadjets take away the challenge of pitting your skills against the survival instincts of your prey,you becone a target shooter rather than a hunter,
    at this rate,some day the current technology for guided missiles will be condensed down to the size of a150gr bullet ....well then you wont even have to leave your home just send it on its way:(

• Advertisement

Whoa there ponies.

Options are good things. So are extra cards up your sleeves when you need them.

Chill.

If ye don't agree, ye're entitled to, but don't go losing the plot over it :)

We're all good here.

clivej wrote: »
    John you have mail :D

Cheers muchly buddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Don't get me wrong there John, I was just putting my opionion out there and was in no way belittling your shooting abillities withor without your balistic calculator(and ditto to the chap from Donegall in a other post)
    I just think they make hunting too easy
    most animals have an idea of what is a safe distance from a predetor a gap they will not let you close even byy a single step these tools take that away

No I understand why ya said it :) Don't want to get into that side of things because I can't put my thoughts into words clear enough without the possibility of things turning into something silly and that's not why any of us are here :) In short I've no issue with peoples shooting, within reason and I suppose the same is true for us all except the reason is different for each individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

there is loads of ballistic applications for the ipod touch / iphone , you have to pay for some of them but they do appear to be excellent .

Advertisement