Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online checkin at Dublin airport

Options
  • 24-10-2009 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this the incorrect forum, I figured Dublin forum may be correct

Have a flight tomorrow and have to do this online checkin tonight. I've never done it before, all new to me
    I can complete this tonight but I've no printer in the house
    And there is no internet cafe around me nearby.

I can get to the airport early, that's not a problem.
    Is there a internet shop/cafe that will let me print my pass there? I've searched the Ryanair website and the Dublin airport site but don't see this information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

there are plenty of internet kiosks on the WRONG(airside) side of security. some of these have a printer and I think I saw a sign saying there are more on this side of security, in fact there are eight computers just inside the door on the ground level, but I cannot recall seeing a printer, though since the Ryanair deadline I assume there must be one.

its a forty euro gamble but I imagine you will be ok
    Rugbyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I've never noticed printers there.
    you had two weeks to check in online and print it out in some internet cafe. you shouldnt be annoyed if you are forced to pay €40 for airport check in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

adamski8 wrote: »
    you had two weeks to check in online and print it out in some internet cafe. you shouldnt be annoyed if you are forced to pay €40 for airport check in!

Who said I was annoyed or blaming others? :confused:
    Post 1 certainly wasn't a rant, it was looking for information, something boards is fantastic for.
    Maybe read posts before replying!

I was asking about facilities at Dublin airport and got an answer, thanks rugbyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

So are there actually facilities to print out online checkin tickets in Dublin airport? And if so where exactly?

Would be handy to know for sure. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

i don't think there are any printing facilities for doing the ryanair checkin at dub airport (yet another way to squeeze money out of the consumer).

aer lingus have the self service check-in which prints you a boarding pass, and i think thats a better way to go than people producing mouldy bits of crumpled ryanair boarding pages.
    anyway

how're you getting to the airport? if its with aercoach, there are net cafes on o'connell st. if you are getting the 748/747 from buaras, there is a net cafe in the hostel across the road (isaac butts or something?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

The only thing is that I know Dublin Airport Authority and O'Leary always seem to be at loggerheads, so maybe DAA have some available for customers to avoid paying Ryanair's fees.

At a pinch in an emergency I wonder if you could ask in one of the car rental type places? Might be a bit risky but could be worth a shout rather than paying Ryanair's fees. Maybe offer whoever is behind the counter a fiver for the trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Remember that online check in closes 4 hours prior to departure too, so unless you are planning to be at the airport very early for your flight, the presence or lack of PC's with printing facilities will be irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

According to their website Surfbox provide printing services at Dublin Airport.

SurfBox, a Kilkenny based internet kiosk provider, in cooperation with the DAA, have installed printers at their Internet Kiosks in the Check-In Area, Arrivals Hall and Food Hall at Dublin Airport. Passengers who need to re-print their boarding pass can now do it at the Airport for less than €1, saving €39 in the process.’

It’s worth remembering though that you have to actually check in online from 15 days before & up to 4 hours before the scheduled times of flight departure. Once a passenger has checked in online the boarding pass can be reprinted up to 40 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure time.

So, if by any chance you haven’t checked in on-line you would have to make sure that you are in the airport more than 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Checked in the night before so that wasn't an issue and got my old printer to get the boarding passes printed. I didn't know it even worked anymore
    Though the pages must have been unclear as security couldn't scan them

Went back to Ryanair to ask them to print it expecting to be hit with a fee. I was told by security to ask for a "reissue"
    Nay bother, they did it no questions asked

To answer my own post, there are 4 PC's inside the entrance in Dublin airport but definitly no printers.
    Not that I could find anyway
    Edit: Just read Victor's post, I missed that

• Registered Users Posts: 10 carlovian

Yes, there are 2 printers at the Surfbox kiosks in the Check-In area. They're on the end of the desks, with a sign on them "Kiosk Printer". They print off in A4 size at 50c per page. I've used them before for Ryanair flights and they do accept them ok. You can reprint them up to 40 mins before the flight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 peterscot

Hi, I found an online service, http://www.checkmein.eu/ that will check me in automatically, for free, using a proxy server, exactly 24 hours before my Southwest flight. This is enticing bc my flight is on Monday morning at 640am, so though I could wake up at 6:40am on Sunday am,
    I would rather not. Has anyone used it before?
    Is it actually faster than doing it myself?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

peterscot wrote: »
    Hi, I found an online service, http://www.checkmein.eu/ that will check me in automatically, for free, using a proxy server, exactly 24 hours before my Southwest flight. This is enticing bc my flight is on Monday morning at 640am, so though I could wake up at 6:40am on Sunday am,
    I would rather not. Has anyone used it before?
    Is it actually faster than doing it myself?
    Thanks

For Ryan Air it's irrelevant as no seats are prebooked, you sit where you want on the plane. Also, €9 to check in online (which is free to do anyway) for somebody when there is no hassle at all to check in online by yourself is very steep. I wouldn't bother with that service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thomascooney

Looks like there are printing facilities at Dublin Airport, check it out...

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/terminal1/facilities-services/internet-access.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

Looks like there are printing facilities at Dublin Airport, check it out...

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/terminal1/facilities-services/internet-access.aspx

-Update for previous link that's gone bad-

Terminal 1:
    Internet Kiosks are available in the following areas:

Before Security Screening
    • Arrivals Hall
    • Departures Hall (with printing facility)
    • Mezzanine (with printing facility)
    After Security Screening
    • Gates 101-121
    • Gates 201-220
    • Gates 301-313
    • Cost 11.5c per minute
    Link-
    http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/terminal1/facilities-services/internet_and_printing.aspx

Terminal 2:

A list of kiosk locations in Terminal 2 is provided below with details of printing facility locations.
    Before Security Screening
    • Check-In Floor - 3 locations (with printing facility)
    • Arrivals Floor (with printing facility)

After Security Screening
    • International Departures Lounge (with printing facility)
    • Gates 400-425
    • After US Pre-Clearance

Link-
    http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/terminal2/facilities-services/internet_and_printing.aspx

Thanks for the original link to the dublin airport site btw @thomascooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Don't drag up 3 year old threads please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement