Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old is Griffith Avenue

Options
  • 24-10-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Trying to find out how old the trees on Griffith Avenue are. Anyone know when it was built?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Griffith Avenue developed at different stages- for example most of the houses were built in 1926-1929, whereas the RC church predates this by almost 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It also depends on which end, the east end is the oldest and the west end. The east end would be 1920-30s, the west end (Griffith Avenue Extension, etc.) is more 1960s.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

I think the trees are circa 1940 on the main part (not extension). I've family pictures of my father, who grew up on Griffith Ave, as a kid when the trees were very young. He was born '41.

Advertisement