Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pavillion - camera/press policy

Options
  • 24-10-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Ok this is a long shot.. but does anyone here know what the Pav's policy is on press photography? I have been trying to ring them but there isn't anyone answering.

Basically.. I have had tickets to go to Fionn Regan for months and have been really looking forward to it, but my friend has backed out at the last minute :(
    Now, normally I would just go on my own and try and brave it out, but I'm just not in the form for solo gigging tonight.

SO... I want to bring my camera. I used to do a good bit of freelance music photography, but haven't done any in a good while and have never shot in the Pav. I know every venue is very different when it comes to this, and I'm just wondering if anyone here has shot there before?

Press pass required? Or general ok with a three-song policy? Or free for all?

I don't want to get there with the camera and be told to go away!
    Any info would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Have you ever done that kind of photography in the Lobby Bar when it was a music venue by any chance? I would imagine that the policy is the same (same guy running it).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I was at Josh Ritter there last week and there was very little screening of people at the door, no signs saying photography of any kind was forbidden and no obvious security presence.

Friends of mine were taking lots of pictures, albeit only with standard digital cameras, without any fuss.

I'd say give it a lash if you can't get through to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Have you ever done that kind of photography in the Lobby Bar when it was a music venue by any chance? I would imagine that the policy is the same (same guy running it).

No, unfortunately.
    keane2097 wrote: »
    I'd say give it a lash if you can't get through to them...

That is what I'm hoping. I'd just hate to get there and be turned away at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Stevie G would be able to answer this I'd say. Send him a PM on the People's Republic of Cork forums, you'll see his name in the Music forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

did you give it a try 440Hz - how did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Didn't chance it in the end, but had a fantastic night anway. Got over feeling like a friendless freak after a few minutes lol.

Saw some heads there with SLRs who were def not press so that pretty much answered the question (after the fact)! Good to know for future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I wouldn't mind trying it out sometime (shooting a band I mean) - something I've never done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'd to hand in my camera last night at The Savoy, I was hoping to do some shooting of the Fun Lovin Criminals but security asked me to hand in the camera till after the show as no photography was allowed without a press pass. I was a small bit disappointed as I was alone at the gig so the camera was my companion if you like!

Still, I went into the melee and had a ball! Great gig!

Advertisement