Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posting Photographs that are technically wrong but you love it.

• 24-10-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Sometimes we may take a rubbish photograph but theres something you may have caught in it/liked about it or else you've delib gone OTT on the PP.
    I took this one last night and just love it..

CFCC1BF1579F4175B63D404C76A53EC7-800.jpg

Have you any ugly duckling photo's to post here? Go on!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I really like it too ..... it has passion. Well done Janer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

You weren't meant to like it.
    Only I was. :mad: :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Would it make you feel better if I lied & said it was rubbish?

You're terrible Muriel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I think a worryingly large amount of my photographs probably fall into that category. This is probably the most recent:

The focus is completely shot (I think ljiljana's left elbow is the focus point :rolleyes:) but it still has a certain zing to it...
    3932632660_d6d7ccebe2.jpg

Or this accidental double exposure of my dad thanks to the pesky multiple exposure switch on the bronica...

3639737082_05f33a13d8.jpg

I actually have quite a few of them. I have one of my mum superimposed on some mushrooms I'd photographed just previously. That one wasn't particularly flattering ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

People have spent hours in the darkroom trying to get that solarised kind of effect!

Here's a mistake I made but I love it all the same:

211056322_25292c1d27.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Love that picture Danny.

Thread is heading in the right direction now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Took this picture of that famous squirrel in the Botannic Gardens. Flipping camera focused to the left, pity because he was looking straight at us.

3672128803_89241e95e4_o.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

This was an attempt of mine at panning and zooming that just didn't work. However, it looks good to me!

6E5BB18C8D814DBBBAAC70A5962FAD2F-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

This is wrong in sooo many ways, this time last year I joined dodgykeeper shooting guerillalighting, I had to leave before the end and as i was waiting to be picked up on the quays I decided to try get a handhel light trail, (I know little chance- boredom) but just as I clicked hubbie pulled up and I jumped in the car, when I got home I really liked it, probably the only one who did but this is the result.

2927210683_3504f87764.jpg

and as i was waiting to be picked up on the quays

Think I might rephrase that bit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Think I might rephrase that bit :D

I think recent goings on may reveal to people I may not always be the best in portraying what I mean, or maybe to innocent in my statements, I was waiting for my huband to give me a lift home;)

I know, but it can look great when you quote out of context. There are journalists making a living doing stuff like that!:)

Great abstract pic BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

good thread Janer - I took a very similar one of Mani , a few years ago that no one seamed to like but me - so yeah i love the buzzcocks one too

3173831364_5ea95c66b8.jpg

It confuses me what is good and bad photography , for me I only like images with passion, this one from a year ago , got slated here - but taste is an individual and personal thing

4042503800_c42876e136.jpg

Advertisement