Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponges

• 24-10-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭

Honestly, why is there no name for this :mad:

I like being unique 'n all, but I'd like a name for it.

And not spongeophobia!

For the record, I can watch spongebob, and eat spongecake!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

What is it about sponges that you don't like? I don't think it is as rare as you think. I'm pretty sure some people in the "what's your phobia" thread have a fear of sponges too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm pretty sure it was just me in that thread :P

And, the touch of them, how they feel, it sends shivers down my back right now.

I get attacked constantly in school by them -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Pombear - please read the charter before posting again in this forum. We do not allow pictures of objects people may have a phobia of - unless it is a link and people are fully warned.

You may think it's funny but some people do have real phobias and we want them to be able to post in this forum without worrying about coming across pictures.

Thank you.

Also,
    I would kill for some pombears right about now. MMMMM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That succeeded in sending a shiver down my spine -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Weird, I actually can't stand the thought of touching a sponge, in theory, but obviously when I have to use one its no bother. Most odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

:eek: I've a fear of sponges too. I hate the things, gives me all over shivers just thinking about the feel of them. I thought I was the only one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

is it something similar to the sound/feeling of grating nails against a chalkboard kind of feeling?

I've looked up some big lists online and can't find a reference. I'd say it just isn't common enough for them to make up an official name for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

A friend of mine can't stand sponges, generic shop bought ones or rough found in the sea ones, not even to look at. If you touched her with one she'd probably vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 silentmovies

i hate facecloths.....

Advertisement