Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Transfer Targets

Options
  • 24-10-2009 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Was just wondering which players you'd like to see at the Lane?

Let's try and keep this realistic ;) We'd all like to see Messi, Ronaldo and Benzema in the team, but I doubt it we'd get them at the moment :p

I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Cole in the team, was never a fan of Jenas to be honest, would rather have Cole instead. Pity we couldn't have signed Wayne bridge for the left back slot also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Kolya wrote: »
    Was just wondering which players you'd like to see at the Lane?

Let's try and keep this realistic ;) We'd all like to see Messi, Ronaldo and Benzema in the team, but I doubt it we'd get them at the moment :p

I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Cole in the team, was never a fan of Jenas to be honest, would rather have Cole instead. Pity we couldn't have signed Wayne bridge for the left back slot also.

BRIDGE????!!!!!!!

Have never seen him as a decent footballer....sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kolya

BOLT wrote: »
    BRIDGE????!!!!!!!

Have never seen him as a decent footballer....sorry.

Better than Assou Ekotto. Then again as far as I'm concerned most Championship defenders are.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

looks like Pav is on his way according to Harry today. Also see he says Jamie is "gone". Hope it's not true. Looks like dawson is down as 4th cb. Could see a cm and a cb coming in. Cahill and this Brazilian Sandro. Plus James more thna likely. Far more important we don't lose any of our better players. For the Cm Carrick might be worth sniffing around . Would be ideal alongside Palacios. Still think Hudd is too languid. Carrick needs the love, like he got from Harry at West Ham and Jol here. Is no longer playing like he can, due largely to not being a first choice I reckon. Take me back... in a heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

I would like to see another high-quality forward as back up for Defoe, Keane, Lennon & Modric.

As soon as we get injuries/suspensions the likes of Bentley, Crouch, Pav etc etc etc etc are just not good enough if we want to challenge for Top 4. They are solid performers but don't have the x-factor that wins games.

I have no idea who, but if we could get decent money for certainly Bentley and/or Pav (can't see Harry selling Crouch) then we would have the money to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Kold wrote: »

Was a lot of talk about this around the close of the transfer window on the harryhotspur site. Did we come to some agreement with his club a while back about youth development and the like? Havent seen or heard anything bout other that spurs talk on the web. He has played for brazil but then again so did gilberto and look how he turned out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

harry said today that he would prefer to have 3 strikers instead of 4. so pav is gone in january. sandro will come in and that will be the only dealings we have

I think I'd prefer Pav to Keane..

so would i but i dont think he will want to lose keane even though he is always taking him off these days. maybe get rid of keane for 8 million to celtic and keep pav

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Scott parker from west ham would be a great buy was really impressed with him when we played them good hardtackling midfielder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I saw on another site that Spurs and Arsenal are watching a centre half that plays for Galatasary called Servet Cetin who has the nick name ''the man who could choke a bear'':D Drogba marked him once and said he was scared of him,that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

tippspur wrote: »
    I saw on another site that Spurs and Arsenal are watching a centre half that plays for Galatasary called Servet Cetin who has the nick name ''the man who could choke a bear'':D Drogba marked him once and said he was scared of him,that's saying something.

Well he certainly looks like a mean mo-fo!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servet_%C3%87etin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

SuprSi wrote: »
    Well he certainly looks like a mean mo-fo!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servet_%C3%87etin
    He might be the man we need after reading that.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

+1 on scott parker...great player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

+1 on scott parker...great player
    No improvement on what we have surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i could be shot down for this but i think he would be an improvement on jenas who never fulfilled his potential and huddlestone who is a ball player but not mobile enough and cant tackle...strong center midfield with palacios and parker..not much should get through down the middle..how we stuck with zakora for a couple of seasons i'll never know...some result getting 8 mil for him

Yaya Toure if he really is unhappy at barca he's a fantasic player

Being linked with this guy today he wants to move to the premier league and would like to try spurs if the rags are anything to go by

Lets not do a denis wise and judge him on this vid alone now;)

the sandro deal is done according to reports today. their final game of the season is sunday and the deal will be announced monday. he can start to play for us then on jan 1st

mickman wrote: »
    the sandro deal is done according to reports today. their final game of the season is sunday and the deal will be announced monday. he can start to play for us then on jan 1st
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    looking at goal.com(I know) it says he's 30% owned by a third party meaning we have to buy that aswell but it's only going to cost us ~6.5m for the 70%
    thats a lot less then the 14m quoted during the summer
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/12/02/1661250/tottenham-hotspur-set-to-sign-brazilian-midfielder-sandro

• Advertisement

himself and palacious is what we need in the centre of midfield. harry knows this. our belly is still soft with hudd in there in my opinion. modric and lennon can they be told go forward all the time

wouldn't say no to
    Gomes

Corluka Woody/Daws/Ledly/Bassong BAE

-Sandro----Palacios-
    Lennon
    Mod
    Kranjcar

Defoe

yes, that would be my team. we would score many many wonderful goals with that team

We should really think about cover for Lennon because I don't rate Bentley at all.

nico or modric could always provide cover on the right. those two can play anywhere

this is the only youtube video I could get of Sandro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

nice finish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I hope this lad Sandro is as good as the reports and the clips say he is. I know very little about him to be honest. I remember a young Brazilian central midfielder signing for Liverpool being supposedly different gravy, how has he done :D

Advertisement