Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating in Donegal

Options
  • 24-10-2009 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

I'm a newly single 23 year old lady and I want to get myself out and about again and start to meet some nice young fellas. I just want to know the best places around Letterkenny to meet some nice Donegal men. Anytime I'm out around Letterkenny, I never seem to get as much as a sniff!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

cavern , voodoo, sister saras, i should think you`d get a sniff about there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

The Pulse, Milan, The Grill...

...or if you're stuck try The Hideout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

...or if you're stuck try The Hideout.

I doubt she's that stuck;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Senna wrote: »
    I doubt she's that stuck;)

Must try it out:D

You might find a fiddle in the Cottage Bar.

The Wolfe Tone - Depending on your nationality.
    The Drum Bar - If you're local.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

go to the grill tonight. it will be packed. you'll have no bother pulling there im sure. its been quite good there for me :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

A launderette can be good

The drink section in Dunnes.

Any ATM queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Think I'll stay local tonight, plenty of toothless old men to take my fancy! Think Donegal men are a bit shy compared to what you get in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Those wee 16 and 17 yr old aint feicing shy!!!
    Though seems they do get shy as they get older :confused: Odd.

Forget about the discos. Go out good and early and hit the pubs and pick up a half sober male then :p

irish1967 wrote: »
    A launderette can be good

The drink section in Dunnes.

Any ATM queue.

:eek:

Fair play to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Forget about the discos. Go out good and early and hit the pubs and pick up a half sober male then :p

Ha!!!

A half sober male in Donegal!Everybody gets drunk before they go out now remember!You would have to meet them in their house to get them sober!:p

My theory,if you got out looking for "love" you wont get it, your only successful when you got out for the craic. Thats for me anyway,mind you I could be doing it all wrong:p

What about Blakes Bar.

I'm not looking for love or a knight in shining armour on a white horse or a sniff of someone's ATM card (I'm an independent woman don't y'know!). I just want to be young and have a bit of fun! Maybe I'll try Blake's Bar, have never been in there.

Ha!!!

A half sober male in Donegal!Everybody gets drunk before they go out now remember!You would have to meet them in their house to get them sober!:p

My theory,if you got out looking for "love" you wont get it, your only successful when you got out for the craic. Thats for me anyway,mind you I could be doing it all wrong:p

Students get drunk before the go out! Regular alcoholics throw all their hard earned dole into their fav pub :p
    Anyway nobody should be looking for love at this stage in life!
    TRAVEL.
    Talk to everyone in yer course/work and ones outside of it! They will all end up scattered all over the world and ye will then be able to go on holidays and stay with them.:D Trust me...it's great!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

personally i think pubs and clubs are the worst places to look for a partner.

personally i think pubs and clubs are the worst places to look for a partner.

I wouldn't rule it out though. I went out with a lovely person for 5 years, having met him in a nightclub. I think it kinda depends on the pub and club. I know a lot of people meet their partners through work but I don't see that happening anytime soon! Where would you recommend?

friends of friends usually, or internet dating sites
    plentyoffish.com is really good.

Never let actual friends set you up with people...as they normally pick ones THEY would like and the person turns out to be not the type you would go for!
    They do say internet dating is fun....but I meet enough actual psychos in real life...so with the internet I'd be a bit wary......then again...
    Maybe that's where all the sane people are now...the internet!!:eek:

well, i meant people you meet through your friends,
    like at a party, birthdays, or youknow oxegen or something lol

Toni Tuddle, you should write a book titled, 'Toni Tuddle's rules to Dating!'. I'm sure it would be a best seller. See, that's the thing when I was going out with someone, everyone was single. Now, everyone has partners and I'm single. I need some single friends! Plus, I'm shy and would never approach a man!

• Advertisement

post a pic of your self i`m sure there is loads of 20 somethings on here would take you out on a date ;)

post a pic of your self i`m sure there is loads of 20 somethings on here would take you out on a date ;)

You can see my picture in today's Sun newspaper, it's on page 3! Anyway, it's not about looks, it's about personality or something!

well, i meant people you meet through your friends,
    like at a party, birthdays, or youknow oxegen or something lol

Ahhhh:D
    Kinda like "here Toni this is digital pimp chat to him for a minute while I nip off to the loo"
    :P

Toni Tuddle, you should write a book titled, 'Toni Tuddle's rules to Dating!'. I'm sure it would be a best seller. See, that's the thing when I was going out with someone, everyone was single. Now, everyone has partners and I'm single. I need some single friends! Plus, I'm shy and would never approach a man!

Thanks!! hehe:D
    But noboy listens to me advice even though it's right alot of the time cause I'm cool like --->:cool::P
    My two best friends are both in relationships and I'm the single one...which I don't mind at all until I'm out with them and they are all over each other and I'm sitting like a great big tool!:(

Are you currently working in an environment where there are loads of people? Is it a new job?

Thanks!! hehe:D
    But noboy listens to me advice even though it's right alot of the time cause I'm cool like --->:cool::P
    My two best friends are both in relationships and I'm the single one...which I don't mind at all until I'm out with them and they are all over each other and I'm sitting like a great big tool!:(

Are you currently working in an environment where there are loads of people? Is it a new job?

Yeah join the club! As I say to my sister when I'm out, 'I try to look single'! That ain't hard, like as you say when everyone is slobbering over each other! Nah, I work in a very female dominated job, where all the women have their 5 point plans which involves marriage and babies (zzzzzz).

Yeah join the club! As I say to my sister when I'm out, 'I try to look single'! That ain't hard, like as you say when everyone is slobbering over each other! Nah, I work in a very female dominated job, where all the women have their 5 point plans which involves marriage and babies (zzzzzz).
    • Well I suggest you definitely don't pop out with them(unless you really want an alcoholic beverage) or let them set you up with people.
    • Maybe get friendly with their sisters/brothers or other female/male friends outside of work(they may all want 5 point plans but I doubt all their friends do)....(do this by having drinks,music and chips n dips at your flat and inviting work mates and their friends!)
    • Try this for few weeks-every friday afternoon/evening pop into a pub you like and have a few drinks(up at the bar not sitting down on a couch as people will think you are waiting for someone and ignore you).
    • You end up becoming pally with the bar staff and possible regulars too.More people you talk to leads to more friends leads to more chances of having romantic encounters! :D

• Well I suggest you definitely don't pop out with them(unless you really want an alcoholic beverage) or let them set you up with people.
    • Maybe get friendly with their sisters/brothers or other female/male friends outside of work(they may all want 5 point plans but I doubt all their friends do)....(do this by having drinks,music and chips n dips at your flat and inviting work mates and their friends!)
    • Try this for few weeks-every friday afternoon/evening pop into a pub you like and have a few drinks(up at the bar not sitting down on a couch as people will think you are waiting for someone and ignore you).
    • You end up becoming pally with the bar staff and possible regulars too.More people you talk to leads to more friends leads to more chances of having romantic encounters! :D

Alternatively, I'll just wear a 'I'm desperate' badge. Must dust it off, it worked in the past!

Alternatively, I'll just wear a 'I'm desperate' badge. Must dust it off, it worked in the past!

God save ye luv!!
    :D

If Nero`s was still open in donegal town you`d be sorted , ah those were the days fake i.d`s and foam partys :D

• Advertisement

I suppose if I was a man, I'd be intimidated by my beauty and wit too!

Advertisement