Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth buying a PS3 for

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought it was multiformat?

I'm a bit wary of this game. Firstly it's not a castlevania game. It was originally a Konami funded game called lord of shadows being made in Spain but when Konami turned down IGA's request for a bigger budget for a next gen Castlevania, they rebranded this game. Also make no mistake that this game has absolutely nothing to do with Kojima or Kojima productions. It's like those 'presented by Quentin Tarantino' films. Basically Kojima said yeah it's fine to slap my name on the game.

Still I think it could be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The fighting looks a bit like god of war. Nice cast of voice actors in there too.

Anyway, uncharted 2 is the game thats worth buying a PS3 for. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thought it was multiformat?

I'm a bit wary of this game. Firstly it's not a castlevania game. It was originally a Konami funded game called lord of shadows being made in Spain but when Konami turned down IGA's request for a bigger budget for a next gen Castlevania, they rebranded this game. Also make no mistake that this game has absolutely nothing to do with Kojima or Kojima productions. It's like those 'presented by Quentin Tarantino' films. Basically Kojima said yeah it's fine to slap my name on the game.

Still I think it could be a good game.

This.

Unless something changes, this doesn't feel like a castlevania game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Is it like a next gen tomb raider? How does it compare to metal gear or batman drak arkum or any other highly rated game on the ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Oh hey, God of War with hair.

...wake me when they make a Castelvania game for the Wii with waggle-controls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A remake of FFVII would be the only thing that could cause me to go out and buy another console right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If its as Rhyme said "God of War with hair" and as linear as GoW than a miss unless the gameplay is VERY impressive.

If its a GOOD 3D Castlevania game, with tons of exploration and secrets areas to uncover than will give it a spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Gunmonkey wrote: »

If its a GOOD 3D Castlevania game

We know not all these words go together. To be honest, i'd love a HD 2D castlevania game. Imagine a game like SOTN in HD and using the capacity of the hard drives for better voice, bigger level design and HD textures.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lament of Innocence was very good just a bit repetitive.

I still think it could be a very good game, it will just be hard to accept it as a castlevania game after all the excellent games IGA's team have made. That doesn't include curse of darkness by the way :)

Advertisement