Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to connect to Xbox Live

Options
  • 24-10-2009 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hope this is the right place for this thread.

I'm trying to connect to Xbox live but it just won't work. I have the wireless adapter and it's definitely picking up the signal from our router, but every time I go to test the xbox live connection, it says that either the static IP address is wrong (afer I've manually typed it in), or else to switch the settings to "automatic" so that the router can automatically send the Xbox my IP address. Yet when I put the setting on automatic, the router is unable to send the IP address to the Xbox.

Does anyone know how to get past this problem or what I'm doing wrong? As I said, the wireless adapter is definitely picking up the signal so I don't know why it's not working. The router settings are set so that up to 50 devices can pick up it's signal, so it's not that only one device can get it (the laptop), and thus not the Xbox.

Even when I plug the ethernet cable into the console from the laptop, it still won't work. It can't get the IP address.

If anyone needs any clarification on anything, let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 stanton1

can you give me the ip adresses your using iv done quite a few of these,what router are you using? what is your firwall set to.

Advertisement