Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T3 Lite bolt problem

Options
  • 24-10-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anyone out there any experience with a T3 bolt?
    It has a plastic shroud on the end which is twisted clockwise and pulled off to start dissembly.
    My prob is that while cleaning it (not dissembling it) I seem to have twisted the plastic shroud counter-clockwise which sent the firing pin forward.The pin assembly clicked down into a cam.
    The bolt cannot be inserted in this position and I can see no obvious way to get the pin assembly back up where it should be and all aligned the right way.
    I would appreciate any help! :(

The manual offers no help here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

Since I posted the above, I have found a solution online wich accurately described the problem ( the firing pin de-cocked) and the solution, which involves a vice and brute force! Off to try it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Saddlebags wrote: »
    Anyone out there any experience with a T3 bolt?
    It has a plastic shroud on the end which is twisted clockwise and pulled off to start dissembly.
    My prob is that while cleaning it (not dissembling it) I seem to have twisted the plastic shroud counter-clockwise which sent the firing pin forward.The pin assembly clicked down into a cam.
    The bolt cannot be inserted in this position and I can see no obvious way to get the pin assembly back up where it should be and all aligned the right way.
    I would appreciate any help! :(

The manual offers no help here.

hi ,its simple enough to do get your bolt in your left hand .
    the under side of the bolt there is a rail about 3-4mm wide.get a sharp corner like on your gun safe now hook this rail on the inside of the bolt and pull the bolt to you and turn the bolt nob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

jwshooter wrote: »
    hi ,its simple enough to do get your bolt in your left hand .
    the under side of the bolt there is a rail about 3-4mm wide.get a sharp corner like on your gun safe now hook this rail on the inside of the bolt and pull the bolt to you and turn the bolt nob.

Yep, had it happen when I had my Tikka.

BE CAREFUL, you can damage things getting it back in.

Since I posted the above, I have found a solution online wich accurately described the problem ( the firing pin de-cocked) and the solution, which involves a vice and brute force! Off to try it now.

no vice or brute force required ,a small pull is all ,its the same pressure as lifting the bolt to cock the firing pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

Problem sorted.
    You would think it would take no more pressure than cocking the rifle but its different when free floating. Did it in a very well cushioned vice but it took a bit of force to do.
    Lesson learned......thanks for the replies.:D

• Advertisement

Problem sorted.
    You would think it would take no more pressure than cocking the rifle but its different when free floating. Did it in a very well cushioned vice but it took a bit of force to do.

its good to know , i decocked a 75 bolt one morning ,with the fecken thing still in the action. the last man standing was happy .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Problem sorted.

Ic done it before with a T3 bolt, nightmare to sort, I removed the plastic shroud then used a pliers to grip while twisting with the bolt covered with a cloth to protect.

Advertisement