Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson - This is it OST

Options
  • 24-10-2009 8:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm, bit disappointed with just the one "new" song, however the second cd adds nicely with a fantastic demo of Beat It and lesser with demos of She's out of my Life and Wanna be startin somethin both of which were knocking around for a while in various states of quality.
    So, a double cd for just one new song is a bit much of an ask, the virtual acapela version of Beat It being the best of the "new" stuff and therefore in my opinion the stand out track

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Theres alot more songs, I'd say they will do this for a good while. Releasing song by song with a few unheard demos etc. Sony are gonna milk it for as long as possible.
    Personally I can't wait to see the rehearsals.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I was a little disappointed when I heard the This Is It song because I was expecting something a little more epic when I heard about the strings etc.
    and it's clearly an unfinished demo rather than a finished recording, which is what it's being advertised as. It's still a nice tune though and it's grown on me since.

I'm really looking forward to the movie, myself and six mates have tickets booked for Wednesday. It sounds deadly from the articles I've read. As for the soundtrack album, I guess it's great if you're just getting into MJ, but as a long-time listener I'm going to hold out for something that's a little more dense in terms of actual new/unreleased material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

The film was definitely for fans, and while I do like the song, the album that goes with the film is simply a cash in project on Sony's part. They've been doing this for years now with his music, and it sucks that they're doing it. As far as I'm aware the Jacksons came forward with the demo for "This is it", probably due to the fact that they were singing backing vocals which might have some sentimental value to them, and of course it ties in well with the tour name.

There are plenty of unreleased songs that Michael has written and recorded and I can't wait until they release an album full of new content. What I hope though, is that they release the previously unreleased music as it is. The worst thing they can do is contaminate the music by someone else finishing them off.

Advertisement