Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n91

• 24-10-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

i'm over in liverpool at the moment and my phone is not working here. it comes up on the screen sim registration failed. what could be wrong

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Could be a few reasons, did you buy the phone from a network in ireland or online from ebay or the likes?

Im presuming you never had a problem with the phone working in ireland? And once you got the uk your getting the error?

It might be as simple as a faulty sim, which you can get for free in any store, the downside is, once you get home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

no never a problem having it work in ireland. got the phone from my auntie a few years back. my sim works on my brothers phone. it is unblocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cena wrote: »
    no never a problem having it work in ireland. got the phone from my auntie a few years back. my sim works on my brothers phone. it is unblocked.

If the sim works in your brothers phone, it points to the phone. I was thinking it might be blacklisted, thats where the phone can be reported stolen and is deactivated by the network so it cant be used, thats why i asked where you bought it. You can ring your network and give them the imei number and they can check. To find your imei number you can remove the battery and fine it on the white sticker.

if it was stolen and vodafone find out what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Phones barred in UK will work in Ireland.

Check here to find the status

• Advertisement

is there not a free site you can check this on

Advertisement