Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compiz problem? Screen goes all screwy

• 24-10-2009 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

What to do when this kinda thing happens?
    screenshotqi.th.png
    Mouse moves around for a while and I can see keyboard reactions so it's still accepting input, but can't see anything.

Using Mint with nvidia 8800gts and version 180 drivers.

I usually CTRL+Alt+Backspace, but is there something I can do to fix it instead?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Probably not related, but what temp does the 8800GTS reach
    under while compiz is running?

My machine exhibited weird graphical errors when my 8800GTS
    overheated while playing a game.

I had to replace my card with an older 7600GT for the meantime.
    Does this glitch only happen with compiz on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hmm, never found a good temparature measuring app for linux, are there any?
    I don't think I'm doing anything graphic intensive, how could I test it to see?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Hmm, never found a good temparature measuring app for linux, are there any?
    I use the standard gnome "sensors" applet... it includes temps for GPU as well as CPU.

Advertisement