Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia multimedia transfer

• 24-10-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Nokia 5800 and am trying to put music onto my phone from a mac. I previously had no problem doing this with my old mac. I have been trying all day to get Nokia multimedia transfer to work, but every time i try and get the songs to transfer the application freezes. I never had this problem with my old one. I have downloaded the application multiple times from the nokia website, and the same thing keeps happening. The force quit icon doesnt even seem to recognise that the programme is running, so I cant quit it, and have to restart the entire computer.
    Anyone got any ideas why this is happening ? Or how to fix it ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ado86 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Nokia 5800 and am trying to put music onto my phone from a mac. I previously had no problem doing this with my old mac. I have been trying all day to get Nokia multimedia transfer to work, but every time i try and get the songs to transfer the application freezes. I never had this problem with my old one. I have downloaded the application multiple times from the nokia website, and the same thing keeps happening. The force quit icon doesnt even seem to recognise that the programme is running, so I cant quit it, and have to restart the entire computer.
    Anyone got any ideas why this is happening ? Or how to fix it ?

Which version of OS X are you running on your Mac? If its Snow Leopard, the Nokia software may not be compatible yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Oh, I didnt think of that, yeah it is Snow Leopard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

use use it as a removable disk and copy everything across to your music folder manually.

I don't have a mac but that works fine from windows and linux pc's I've tried it on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Oh, I didnt think of that, yeah it is Snow Leopard.

Do as Vibe says for now, and keep an eye on the Nokia site for a new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

How exactly do I use my phone as the external drive though ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Select 'mass memory' on the phone rather than 'pc suite'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

sorry, should have mentioned that. :)

whenever you plug it into something it should ask you which mode to use, just as Davy says, mass storage i think it's called, it's uaually the one below pc suite afaik,

Advertisement