Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Party Connect Issue

• 24-10-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Last night sumtin really annoyin happened.

I tried to connect to a party on xbox live with my mate, and it wudnt work, so i tried setting a party up and i invited him, and he cudnt join it either.

We tried for about an hour then we eventually gave up.

My girlfriend then sent me a party invite tonight, and i cudnt join that one either, so i tried the same thing me and my mate did, i sent her an invite and she cudnt join.

I then just tried to join a random party wit sum1 on my friends list and i managed to get in.

Now i'm really confused. My mate lives 3 or 4 miles away from me, and i cant join a party with him atol. My gf lives back home in scotland, and i cant join a party with her either. But i can join a party wit sum1 who is from Kilkenny. So its obviously not a router issue or an issue with the broadband. It has to be xbox live or sumthin im not too sure.

Duz anyone else have this issue? or has had it, and found out how to fix it.

I'd rather someone who wont tell me to do the following;

Check my NATs are not closed
    Check my firewall
    Any form of network testing, coz ive dun every basic thing i cud possible try, changing DNS settings, the lot, and its still not working :confused:

I dno if this cud be the problem: but me & my mate i mentioned, got a power cut for like 2 seconds last nite, the problem started shortly after that.
    i still dont understand how that wud effect a single feature on Xbox Live ironically not effing up my electricity atol, coz every power source in this house is still working.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

gamercfc wrote: »
    I'd rather someone who wont tell me to do the following;

Check my NATs are not closed
    Check my firewall
    Any form of network testing, coz ive dun every basic thing i cud possible try, changing DNS settings, the lot, and its still not working :confused:

I really shouldn't, but I'm gonna put it out there! Have you tried testing your ping/latency? It sounds like it could be an issue, perhaps there's something after changing for the worse with your ISP's service to you. I had problems like that back when I was using 3's dongle, and my friend still has issues with his Vodafone one. I moved to a place where dsl was available, when I got it in my ping went from an average of 250ms(3) to a pretty much constant 50ms(eircom). This solved all my problems, apart from the occassional time my friend has a bad night with Vodafone, then we have bad times trying to connect!

Failing that I have nothing else! I'm 99.9% sure it wasn' the power cut tho, unless it reset your router (if you use one!) to factory settings, therefore closing the ports that xbox use for such services!

Good luck with it anyways, I feel your pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I fixed it.

And im gona get laughed at for this

lol

there is one thing i didnt do, and that was, turning off my router for 30 seconds and turning it back on.

I did that, and it works again.

lol

thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Ah wel you live and you learn:D

Advertisement