Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just Got A 360

• 24-10-2009 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Bought a 360 Elite in Smyths because I was looking for a new console and the deal was amazing. Just wondering if anyone can recommend some good games?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Oblivion
    Bioshock
    FIFA 10
    COD4
    Crackdwon
    Fallout 3

Arcade games:
    Duke Nukem
    MK3
    Splosion Man
    Trials HD
    Bionic Commando

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

gears of war series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

halo 3
    halo 3 odst
    halo wars
    rockband
    rockband 2
    lips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

creggy wrote: »
    Oblivion
    Bioshock
    FIFA 10
    COD4
    Crackdwon
    Fallout 3

Arcade games:
    Duke Nukem
    MK3
    Splosion Man
    Trials HD
    Bionic Commando

I have Oblivion, Fallout 3 and CoD4 for my PS3 (don't attack me), so I don't really need them. I'll check out Crackdown. Thanks!
    AdrianII wrote: »
    gears of war series

I got GoW 1 with the bundle, but it's a little outdated isn't it? Sorry, I'm new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Bono Vox wrote: »
    I have Oblivion, Fallout 3 and CoD4 for my PS3 (don't attack me), so I don't really need them. I'll check out Crackdown. Thanks!

I got GoW 1 with the bundle, but it's a little outdated isn't it? Sorry, I'm new.

Ah it's cool, I have a PS3 as well. I also forgot, get Dead Rising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Batman, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Modern Warfare, Braid (Arcade), Shadow Complex (Arcade), Doom (Arcade), Modern Warfare 2 once it's out. I really enjoyed Brutal Legend which is a new one. If you're a metal fan at all I recommend, otherwise check out some reviews.

Gears of War is alright. I was never blown away but I know people who love them. The first one is definitely worth a go since you already have it but the second one is a lot better. It's much more epic and varied than the first which I didn't enjoy as much. My room mate had a serious hard on for these games and I ended up doing both with him in co-op on insane. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Bono Vox wrote: »
    Bought a 360 Elite in Smyths because I was looking for a new console and the deal was amazing. Just wondering if anyone can recommend some good games?

Thanks

I only got my 360 a few days ago but I would recommend the new Forza game, really good racing game and online is very good. btw add my gamertag DualBladez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Condemned
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    FIFA 10
    Gears Of War
    Asassins Creed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll add castlevania symphony of the night to arcade recommendations. By far the best game on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll add castlevania symphony of the night to arcade recommendations. By far the best game on it.
    I second that. Also PoP, Bomberman (for multiplayer) and Monkey Island are great arcade games. And either geometry wars games. Forza3 is a must buy if you like realistic racing games, other than that the good full releases are well known:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

bully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 smurf94

You've got to get the new Call of Duty (Modern Warfare 2). It's out on the 11th of November and get yourself playing online. Really addictive:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

smurf94 wrote: »
    You've got to get the new Call of Duty (Modern Warfare 2). It's out on the 11th of November and get yourself playing online. Really addictive:D
    thats good to know from somoe whos never played it....

i hate when people review stuff they have never played :o

like cod mw 2 could be a pile of sh!te
    (it wont be just using it as an example.... a bad one but who cares i dont want to touch the mouse to go change it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

creggy wrote: »
    Ah it's cool, I have a PS3 as well. I also forgot, get Dead Rising.

Friend request sent.

Thanks for the replies guys, really grateful! I've got 65 gamerpoints in two days, is that good? Yep, talk about being a n00b :o (Or however you whipper-snappers spell it these days!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Emm, depends really how much were you playing? Gamerscore doesn't really do anything apart from bragging rights.

If you have Xbox live set up you can add me if you want, Gamertag: AtavanHalen88

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

cod4 and halo 3 thats all you need :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 ciano123

get Bully : scholarship edtion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

ciano123 wrote: »
    get Bully : scholarship edtion

I have tried to pick that up for a while but I havent had any success. I saw it second hand in a couple of Game shops but Im not paying the 40 euro pricetag for a second hand copy.:eek:

Advertisement