Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico - Broadband Speed

• 24-10-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hey

Am in Farranfore in Kerry......

Broadband speed has been dreadful since yesterday morning.....

Speedtest.net eventually returned 0.09mb/s....

Just wondering if it's a general issue

Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Hi

what package are you on from perlico?

this is my result http://www.speedtest.net/result/601889808.png

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

Hi

3mb package.....

Dial-up would be faster than this....

I don't know if it is contention on the line or if there is some other issue....

Perlico are sending an engineer "probably towards the end of next week"

Inspires confidence doesn't it??

Also i can't connect to speedtest.net now to post the current speed - it just hangs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

How long have you had 3mb line for?

ive only had this line active since the end of august and its been ok since then.

Is this a common problem on your line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TheDeficit

im on the farranfore exchange too and its been down/crawling for me also. my brother has the same problem, it sounds like everyone on the exchange is suffering. I rang eircom on friday, they said no engineer will come out until tuesday :rolleyes:

thanks The Deficit.....

been trying to reply but the connection keeps dropping....:)

rang perlico on Friday and they said they couldn't get an engineer to look at it until wednesday...:rolleyes:

hopefully we will just have to suffer for one more day.....

• Advertisement

Connection now working properly again.....

How it got fixed 10:00p.m. on a Bank Holiday Monday will remain a mystery...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

it is not a mystery lol
    there is the international airport outhere (connected to farranfore exchange aswell) - thanks to this we've got sorted
    ps. was calling to eircom support today - usual crap " are u sure there is no problem whith internal wiring, viruses etc ? "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pinoy

Hi

3mb package.....

Dial-up would be faster than this....

I don't know if it is contention on the line or if there is some other issue....

having same speed issues here, got 3mb but only getting LESS than 1mb. its a big shame that i switched to perlico. tips for future "would like to switch people" if your current provider isn't too bad, just stick to them. you will end up like me having probs now.

Advertisement