Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil sharing at Hell; want to join in and let them know we aren't happy?

Options
  • 24-10-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

Right, I've been in contact with someone from the Vegetarian Society of Ireland Dublin meet-up group and we decided it would be a good idea to let Hell know that we do love their veggie and vegan pizzas, but that we aren't so thrilled about the wedges and chips being cooked with the chicken.

See where Thoushaltnot brought up the issue: here

I've emailed - feedback@hell.ie with what I wrote below. I'd be happy if you sent a copy of that yourself, just to add your voice to the issue, or perhaps you might like to write a short note in your own words. People from the meet-up group are doing a similar thing. Hopefully together our voices will make an impact :) We aren't looking to get angry, just to let them know it is an issue.

"I’m a member of the Vegan and Vegetarian Forum on www.boards.ie and we have twice before held meet-ups at Hell, each time eight of us attended and thoroughly enjoyed our vegan and vegetarian pizzas (many of us have attended separately also). We really appreciate the labeling and availability of vegetarian and vegan pizzas on your menu and it certainly entices us to enjoy food at Hell and we will certainly be returning in the future. Having heard that the oil used to cook the wedges and chips is also used for the non-vegetarian sides, we hope that you might change this in the future, or at least to clearly state this information on the menu, as it is generally assumed in restaurants that chips etc. are suitable for vegetarians."

Post below and let us know if you've added your voice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ugh, certainly twice in one sentence... oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

I sent them a message even though it was hypocritical of me because I was never going to eat their food anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

email sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Good idea. E-mail sent.

woohoo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 F4Fake

Not that I've ever attended one of the meet-ups or ever eaten in Hell, but sure I'll send off an email too. Oil sharing annoys me no end. It's ruined chippers for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Email sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

i got a reply from Hell...
    Thank you for taking the time to email HELL, I am glad HELL is your pizza of choice!

Apologies for any confusion caused regarding our frying of our chicken tenders (pre-cooked) and our wedges. We do offer Oven baked breaded Brie as an alternative?

For larger branches we would use 2 fryers to separate meat and non meat items. We will also look at the option of oven baked wedges over the coming weeks.

Until we are able to update our menu I will ensure that this message is passed onto all staff, in turn this information will be passed on to our customers.

Thanks again,

We will also look at the option of oven baked wedges over the coming weeks.
    Good to hear. I didn't get a reply myself...

• Advertisement
Advertisement