Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNCHARTED 2:How good is it?

Options
  • 24-10-2009 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Is it like a next gen tomb raider? How does it compare to metal gear or batman drak arkum or any other highly rated game on the ps3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Check out the PS3 forum.

A fair number of threads on it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Or use metacritic as a jumping off point to the various reviews. [Link]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Excellent single player game. Amazing graphics and story. 10/10 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yeah its pretty good. It flows very well i find, you never get stuck on annoying sections. Plenty action.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Best game of this generation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, i'm skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Kiith wrote: »
    Hmm, i'm skeptical.
    Well I feel like it's the first actual 'next-gen' title I've played this generation, it's really a step up in terms of immersion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Id pick cod4 any day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Playing through it at the moment. Good game, story flows well, the platforming sections are good. But the combat is still crap. They've made a few improvements over the last one but not enough. You can shoot an enemy in the face twice. He'll do a little dance during which you can't shoot him, then he start to fire back requiring a few more bullets to take him down. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough to become annoying.

I also found that grenades still don't kill enemies all the time, when they explode right beside them. Worse part is that they've focused a lot more on the combat this time around when it was the weakest part of the last game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Playing through it at the moment. Good game, story flows well, the platforming sections are good. But the combat is still crap. They've made a few improvements over the last one but not enough. You can shoot an enemy in the face twice. He'll do a little dance during which you can't shoot him, then he start to fire back requiring a few more bullets to take him down. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough to become annoying.

I also found that grenades still don't kill enemies all the time, when they explode right beside them. Worse part is that they've focused a lot more on the combat this time around when it was the weakest part of the last game too.
    What difficulty setting are you playing on? I'm on my second playthrough (crushing this time) and if I shoot someone in the face once they go down no matter what gun it is. There wouldn't be trophies for headshots if you couldn't get headshots. They're not always one hit kills though as some enemies wear body armour (like the shotgun guys, the chokers and the guys with the mini guns). I'm guessing that the guys that aren't dying when you throw a grenade at them are the guys with the body armour on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

GothPunk wrote: »
    What difficulty setting are you playing on? I'm on my second playthrough (crushing this time) and if I shoot someone in the face once they go down no matter what gun it is. There wouldn't be trophies for headshots if you couldn't get headshots. They're not always one hit kills though as some enemies wear body armour (like the shotgun guys, the chokers and the guys with the mini guns). I'm guessing that the guys that aren't dying when you throw a grenade at them are the guys with the body armour on?

Playing on normal. I've had several occasions were a single shot to the head wouldn't kill an enemy and sometimes even two shots would fail. I think the hit detection is just off sometimes.

I don't think the body armour should protect against grenades going off right beside someone. Last night I was just coming up to the helicopter fight on the roof. I shot several grenades from the grenade launcher down into the middle of 5 enemies. 3 got up after the first shot. 2 after the second and one guy survived the third!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Playing on normal. I've had several occasions were a single shot to the head wouldn't kill an enemy and sometimes even two shots would fail. I think the hit detection is just off sometimes.

I don't think the body armour should protect against grenades going off right beside someone. Last night I was just coming up to the helicopter fight on the roof. I shot several grenades from the grenade launcher down into the middle of 5 enemies. 3 got up after the first shot. 2 after the second and one guy survived the third!

What comes to mind when I read this post is, "Aim better!"

Honestly, I have been playing this game for the past few nights on Crushing and a single shot to the head, even with a basic pistol, will drop any enemy, besides soldiers in body armour and
    Guardians

Most soldiers drop with three or four bullets to the body also. The blast radius of grenades is quite small in the game also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

it's a very good game but I much preferred Batman myself. (or orange box, bioshock, prince of persia etc)

Advertisement