Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No receipt

Options
  • 24-10-2009 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

I bought an mp3 player from Xtravision about 6 months ago and it's turned out to be faulty.

Problem is, I can't find the receipt for it (yes I know :rolleyes:). When I bought the player in the shop, the shop assistant took my name and address and input it into the shop's computer. My question is - will that be enough proof that I bought it in that shop or would I be wasting my breath?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you use a card to purchase? You'll be able to find the transaction on your statement if you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I didn't, unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Can you buy another one? - get a receipt and put the faulty one back into the box, presuming they are the same type make/model etc., and return it then.

I know that you'd end up with 2 - but one will be a nice x-mas pressie for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just go back in and explain what's happened. They might still have a record of the purchase on the computer.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Advertisement