Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this price reasonable??

• 24-10-2009 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

http://www.intrepidtravel.com/trips/CRS

Hi guys, this tour looks super and covers a lot but I think it might be a bit expensive considering you have to pay the local payment which means it works out at over 3k....do yee think thats too expensive considering travel and accommodation is dirt cheap over there anyway??
    Does anyone have experience with intredpid?? what are they like??
    Can anyone recommend any alternatives??
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Didn't spend too long in China but it was cheap and you could well probably do everything in that for way under 3 grand. And cut out the things you don't want to do. In a country like China where there isn't much hope of tourists picking up the language, they tend to hang out with other tourists. So i wouldn't worry about not meeting people if that's one of your reasons for doing a tour. I'd go at it myself but i don't like traveling within a tour group. Too restrictive. Have you looked into doing it independently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Dante09

Heya, thanks for your reply.
    If i had more time, i really would do it alone but the fact is that i only, realistically have a max of four months and want to do:
    -eastern china
    -all of SEA
    -Nepal & Tibet

Figured that by doing tours i could see a lot more in a much shorter period of time and i realize that it would work out to be a good deal more expensive.

But do you think that 3k is a bit of a rip off or is that the price normally charged for tours that last nearly 2 months?? I reckon they must be making huge profit because like i said above, from what ive heard travel and accommodation in that part of the world is dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

hi,
    i have a tour booked with intrepid travel for the end of december it cost €1282 euro + 400 dollars local payment the great indociana loop. i'm also restricted for time i know i paid over the odds but everything is sorted for you all i have to do is show up and have a good time no worrys. And i'l have other people to share it with as i be going solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

It's defintiely considerably more expensive than going independent. I spent 6 months travelling from Beijing to Bali and it cost about the same as this trip. Personally I hate tour groups but did use Intrepid in for 7 day trip in china about 5 years ago and they were excellent mainly due to guide and sound group of people.

Advertisement